State Farm Insurance - Non Renewal of Home Owners Insurance
Let me begin by stating I have been with State Farm for over 25 years. I have every policy possible through State Farm, including Auto, Personal, Homeowners, Short and Long Term Disability, Personal Articles, and Life Insurance for myself, my wife, and all 4 of my children. I have referred my immediate and extended family members to State Farm. Many of my friends have also gotten insurance through State Farm from my referral. State Farm has made so much money off of my family, friends and the numerous referrals. During the last two years, I had to place three HOI claims and each claim was classified as CATOSTROPHIC due to natural disasters. The claims were as follows: May 14, 2010 Thunder Storm ( Hail Damage), August 28, 2011 Hurricane Irene (Flood Damage), and September 07, 2011 Tropical Storm Lee (Wind Damage. I've attached a link which describes the events that occurred where I live in Charles County, Maryland during those months mentioned.
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/views September, I received a letter and a phone call from my Agent that I've known and have been with for over 25 years to inform me that my Home Owners Insurance (HOI) policy will not be renewed because I had made 3 claims in 3 years. It's shameful that they would not keep me on as a valued and loyal customer. It is shameful that State Farm would drop me after all the money I have paid them and all the referrals I have made to them and the money that have made off of them.
Let me be clear that at no time during the claim process did any State Farm representative or my Agent make me aware that my HOI was in jeopardy because I was filing claims. There is nothing in my contract that states that if I made claims that were caused by inclement weather that my policy could potentially not be renewed or my premiums would increase. I was always under the assumption that if I caused the damage and filed a claim then yes my premiums could potentially go up and or not be renewed; that pretty much goes without saying. I purchased my first home in 1995 and occupied until 2000 which was a town home in which State Farm held the HOI, my second home was a single family that I purchased in 2000 and am currently occupying now which State Farm holds the HOI. I also have investment properties that State Farm holds the HOI. With that said I have paid a great deal of money to State Farm over the years and referred a lot of business to them. Even though I expressed this to my State Farm Agent, he stated that Under Writing would not reverse their stance on this issue.
Can someone tell me who above my Agent and the Under Writer that I can complain and express my discontent with? Is there also an outside agency that could help with this Unfair Practice?f0d35fa review #355321
You may also like
- "9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in..."
- "Well i am so disappointed with "PROGRESSIVE" Car insurance since they are bad taking care of my car accident, i was with then for more then 3 years always paying..."
- "I have had one experience with Geico, and it was like a chamber of horrors. I consider their profligate treatment of my then-330k mile car as irresponsible and reckless (sparing..."
- "I have odered for 6sitter dinning table order no 300778198 today I have received only 4 chairs instead of 6. And t table is also damaged . What to do..."
- "I had lift for a loose skin turkey neck look. After all the money spent, pain and bruising, it didn't work at all. I told doctor to compare..."
- "We reserved a sedan for $85 each way to/from FLL for 2 people & 2 pieces of luggage. Attached is a screen shot of the e-mail I received from Daniel at..."
- "We ordered a new living room set manufactured by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion on January 20, 2014. Defective and/or damaged furniture was delivered on April 7, 2014...."
- "Never use FedEx to ship fragile items. Not only where the items inside broken into pieces, antique lamps but the shades in a separate box also were demolished. The boxes..."
- "In desperation my husband rented a garage space. However, he did not look at the garage before he took it. When he went to park the car, he saw that..."