State Farm Insurance - Non Renewal of Home Owners Insurance
Let me begin by stating I have been with State Farm for over 25 years. I have every policy possible through State Farm, including Auto, Personal, Homeowners, Short and Long Term Disability, Personal Articles, and Life Insurance for myself, my wife, and all 4 of my children. I have referred my immediate and extended family members to State Farm. Many of my friends have also gotten insurance through State Farm from my referral. State Farm has made so much money off of my family, friends and the numerous referrals. During the last two years, I had to place three HOI claims and each claim was classified as CATOSTROPHIC due to natural disasters. The claims were as follows: May 14, 2010 Thunder Storm ( Hail Damage), August 28, 2011 Hurricane Irene (Flood Damage), and September 07, 2011 Tropical Storm Lee (Wind Damage. I've attached a link which describes the events that occurred where I live in Charles County, Maryland during those months mentioned.
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/views September, I received a letter and a phone call from my Agent that I've known and have been with for over 25 years to inform me that my Home Owners Insurance (HOI) policy will not be renewed because I had made 3 claims in 3 years. It's shameful that they would not keep me on as a valued and loyal customer. It is shameful that State Farm would drop me after all the money I have paid them and all the referrals I have made to them and the money that have made off of them.
Let me be clear that at no time during the claim process did any State Farm representative or my Agent make me aware that my HOI was in jeopardy because I was filing claims. There is nothing in my contract that states that if I made claims that were caused by inclement weather that my policy could potentially not be renewed or my premiums would increase. I was always under the assumption that if I caused the damage and filed a claim then yes my premiums could potentially go up and or not be renewed; that pretty much goes without saying. I purchased my first home in 1995 and occupied until 2000 which was a town home in which State Farm held the HOI, my second home was a single family that I purchased in 2000 and am currently occupying now which State Farm holds the HOI. I also have investment properties that State Farm holds the HOI. With that said I have paid a great deal of money to State Farm over the years and referred a lot of business to them. Even though I expressed this to my State Farm Agent, he stated that Under Writing would not reverse their stance on this issue.
Can someone tell me who above my Agent and the Under Writer that I can complain and express my discontent with? Is there also an outside agency that could help with this Unfair Practice?
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I have had one experience with Geico, and it was like a chamber of horrors. I consider their profligate treatment of my then-330k mile car as irresponsible and reckless (sparing..."
- "Scott Holdridge is a lying cheating ***. Horrible, HORRIBLE customer service. File a claim and they take 4 days to get back to you. They're never in their office....."
- "This only gets better!!!!!! On Oct 18th 2014 I found a 2003 Freightliner that belonged to a REAL GREAT HUMAN BEING. The SOB had titled this truckin his wifes name..."
- "The shipments I got from them through Amazon in the past had always taken 6 weeks to 9 weeks. So I knew that the 6 weeks listed on their site..."
- "Just read the text in the attached snapshot. Youll see what to expect when shopping from NHLSHOP.COM. I received contradictory emails about shipping; WELL PAST their shipping guidelines, even for..."
- "I did my due diligence before signing a 6 month contact for $99 a month and a $99 setup fee. I have a health product I sell from my..."
- "If you thinking about buying things from this retailer, I recommend you not to. I bought 4 dresses and with 2 dresses are unwearable, the size was totally different from..."
- "David Hirst is a barrister who works for a law firm in London called 5RB. In my opinion, this law firm is not ethical and places self-interest and the interests of..."
- "I keep seeing all of these negative reviews about Scentsy so I feel I have to step in a defend this company. 1 year ago I had no idea what..."