State Farm Insurance - Non Renewal of Home Owners Insurance
Let me begin by stating I have been with State Farm for over 25 years. I have every policy possible through State Farm, including Auto, Personal, Homeowners, Short and Long Term Disability, Personal Articles, and Life Insurance for myself, my wife, and all 4 of my children. I have referred my immediate and extended family members to State Farm. Many of my friends have also gotten insurance through State Farm from my referral. State Farm has made so much money off of my family, friends and the numerous referrals. During the last two years, I had to place three HOI claims and each claim was classified as CATOSTROPHIC due to natural disasters. The claims were as follows: May 14, 2010 Thunder Storm ( Hail Damage), August 28, 2011 Hurricane Irene (Flood Damage), and September 07, 2011 Tropical Storm Lee (Wind Damage. I've attached a link which describes the events that occurred where I live in Charles County, Maryland during those months mentioned.
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/views September, I received a letter and a phone call from my Agent that I've known and have been with for over 25 years to inform me that my Home Owners Insurance (HOI) policy will not be renewed because I had made 3 claims in 3 years. It's shameful that they would not keep me on as a valued and loyal customer. It is shameful that State Farm would drop me after all the money I have paid them and all the referrals I have made to them and the money that have made off of them.
Let me be clear that at no time during the claim process did any State Farm representative or my Agent make me aware that my HOI was in jeopardy because I was filing claims. There is nothing in my contract that states that if I made claims that were caused by inclement weather that my policy could potentially not be renewed or my premiums would increase. I was always under the assumption that if I caused the damage and filed a claim then yes my premiums could potentially go up and or not be renewed; that pretty much goes without saying. I purchased my first home in 1995 and occupied until 2000 which was a town home in which State Farm held the HOI, my second home was a single family that I purchased in 2000 and am currently occupying now which State Farm holds the HOI. I also have investment properties that State Farm holds the HOI. With that said I have paid a great deal of money to State Farm over the years and referred a lot of business to them. Even though I expressed this to my State Farm Agent, he stated that Under Writing would not reverse their stance on this issue.
Can someone tell me who above my Agent and the Under Writer that I can complain and express my discontent with? Is there also an outside agency that could help with this Unfair Practice?review #355321
You may also like
- "I was in an auto accident on 4-13-2012..hit by a drunk driver and a hit and run. A couple of weeks after the accident Encompass called me and asked me..."
- "The driver of a mr appliance van slammed into the back of my car causing me to hit the person in front of me and the person in front of..."
- "Everyone who experienced last year hail should read this story. Today, for the forth time since the hail storms last July, a State Farm insurance adjuster visited my house. By..."
- "That is what my ordered bouquet consisted of, 5 lousy flowers. I complained and got a stander end form letter with a promo code for the next order. Bullcrap promo..."
- "About PEOPLE FINDERS:They have a lot of balls charging my credit card account for something that was supposed to be ONLY .95c (cents).I do not, did not and will not..."
- "We purchased a Missouri general wind turbine that was supposed to output 1600 watts per the advertisement. We have had this unit though 70 mile per hour straight line wind..."
- "the crackers break as soon as you open the package ,and you cant put noting on the crackers because they are mostly broken , it makes it very hard to..."
- " I want to the office about the picnic area in front of my patio on Friday the 24 at 3:00p.m. I was assured by the maintenance personnel that he..."
- "I have had one for a few years, but haven't used it much. The liner pan thing at the bottom rusted the very first time I washed it. They did..."