Let me begin by stating I have been with State Farm for over 25 years. I have every policy possible through State Farm, including Auto, Personal, Homeowners, Short and Long Term Disability, Personal Articles, and Life Insurance for myself, my wife, and all 4 of my children. I have referred my immediate and extended family members to State Farm. Many of my friends have also gotten insurance through State Farm from my referral. State Farm has made so much money off of my family, friends and the numerous referrals. During the last two years, I had to place three HOI claims and each claim was classified as CATOSTROPHIC due to natural disasters. The claims were as follows: May 14, 2010 Thunder Storm ( Hail Damage), August 28, 2011 Hurricane Irene (Flood Damage), and September 07, 2011 Tropical Storm Lee (Wind Damage. I've attached a link which describes the events that occurred where I live in Charles County, Maryland during those months mentioned.
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/views September, I received a letter and a phone call from my Agent that I've known and have been with for over 25 years to inform me that my Home Owners Insurance (HOI) policy will not be renewed because I had made 3 claims in 3 years. It's shameful that they would not keep me on as a valued and loyal customer. It is shameful that State Farm would drop me after all the money I have paid them and all the referrals I have made to them and the money that have made off of them.
Let me be clear that at no time during the claim process did any State Farm representative or my Agent make me aware that my HOI was in jeopardy because I was filing claims. There is nothing in my contract that states that if I made claims that were caused by inclement weather that my policy could potentially not be renewed or my premiums would increase. I was always under the assumption that if I caused the damage and filed a claim then yes my premiums could potentially go up and or not be renewed; that pretty much goes without saying. I purchased my first home in 1995 and occupied until 2000 which was a town home in which State Farm held the HOI, my second home was a single family that I purchased in 2000 and am currently occupying now which State Farm holds the HOI. I also have investment properties that State Farm holds the HOI. With that said I have paid a great deal of money to State Farm over the years and referred a lot of business to them. Even though I expressed this to my State Farm Agent, he stated that Under Writing would not reverse their stance on this issue.
Can someone tell me who above my Agent and the Under Writer that I can complain and express my discontent with? Is there also an outside agency that could help with this Unfair Practice?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Homeowners Insurance
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "State does not treat there black customers fairly, my home got broken into and my wife and daughter are scared up set and they suggested we did this ..."
- "Mother and Son Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Ak 2013. State Farm is the Corporate Giant which holds the Workers Comp claim. The Family extremely abused and abandoned by this company to say..."
- "Never use these Companies, they sold me a service they could not provide, claiming they were another company PLUS - LOCALS LAMBASTE HIO International as a Do NOT Work for..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Are you SERIOUS? THIS IS WHAT YOU SEND ME BACK? I HAVE ALREADY SPENT $37 INSURING THE LAST RETURN, I WANT TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR, TODAY! I..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "I just purchase this a week and a half ago . I been cooking with it and yesterday i opened the big part on the cap . Two pill like..."
- "WE WERE CHARGED EXCESSIVE LATE FEES AND INTEREST, ETC.. WE OPENED ACCOUNT THRU SAM'S CLUB. WE CALLED FOR TOTAL PAYOFF AND TO CANCEL CARD. WE GOT TOTAL AMOUNT OWED..."
- "I am on my 3rd set from Art Van. First set couldnt be fixed and was horribly made. Went back in and spent over $1000 to get an all leather..."