State Farm Insurance - Non Renewal of Home Owners Insurance
Let me begin by stating I have been with State Farm for over 25 years. I have every policy possible through State Farm, including Auto, Personal, Homeowners, Short and Long Term Disability, Personal Articles, and Life Insurance for myself, my wife, and all 4 of my children. I have referred my immediate and extended family members to State Farm. Many of my friends have also gotten insurance through State Farm from my referral. State Farm has made so much money off of my family, friends and the numerous referrals. During the last two years, I had to place three HOI claims and each claim was classified as CATOSTROPHIC due to natural disasters. The claims were as follows: May 14, 2010 Thunder Storm ( Hail Damage), August 28, 2011 Hurricane Irene (Flood Damage), and September 07, 2011 Tropical Storm Lee (Wind Damage. I've attached a link which describes the events that occurred where I live in Charles County, Maryland during those months mentioned.
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/views September, I received a letter and a phone call from my Agent that I've known and have been with for over 25 years to inform me that my Home Owners Insurance (HOI) policy will not be renewed because I had made 3 claims in 3 years. It's shameful that they would not keep me on as a valued and loyal customer. It is shameful that State Farm would drop me after all the money I have paid them and all the referrals I have made to them and the money that have made off of them.
Let me be clear that at no time during the claim process did any State Farm representative or my Agent make me aware that my HOI was in jeopardy because I was filing claims. There is nothing in my contract that states that if I made claims that were caused by inclement weather that my policy could potentially not be renewed or my premiums would increase. I was always under the assumption that if I caused the damage and filed a claim then yes my premiums could potentially go up and or not be renewed; that pretty much goes without saying. I purchased my first home in 1995 and occupied until 2000 which was a town home in which State Farm held the HOI, my second home was a single family that I purchased in 2000 and am currently occupying now which State Farm holds the HOI. I also have investment properties that State Farm holds the HOI. With that said I have paid a great deal of money to State Farm over the years and referred a lot of business to them. Even though I expressed this to my State Farm Agent, he stated that Under Writing would not reverse their stance on this issue.
Can someone tell me who above my Agent and the Under Writer that I can complain and express my discontent with? Is there also an outside agency that could help with this Unfair Practice?12856997 review #355321
You may also like
- "Mother and Son Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Ak 2013. State Farm is the Corporate Giant which holds the Workers Comp claim. The Family extremely abused and abandoned by this company to say..."
- "This agent's son backed into my vehicle at a traffic light causing $5600 in damage. The son said he was in a hurry, gave me his information and left without..."
- "This only gets better!!!!!! On Oct 18th 2014 I found a 2003 Freightliner that belonged to a REAL GREAT HUMAN BEING. The SOB had titled this truckin his wifes name..."
- "On Wednesday, December 11th Wet Seal had a sale going on where everything in the store was $15.00 or less. It was a great deal so I figured instead of..."
- "I just experienced the most horrible customer service ever at bjs in Ocean Township NJ. After an item wouldnt scan had to wait 15 minutes with not one worker..."
- "I've been a member at Retro for years and have signed up my family members to..I Went to the Retro in Woodbridge cause I was in the area and unknown..."
- "Magic Motors 2784 W Main St, Snellville, GA 30078 This car dealership should have their license revoked. The employees that were involved in the sale of a vehicle I purchase..."
- "Purchased MLB Pet Jersey. Large size did not fit my PUG. Ask to exchange for XL. Charged additional 3$ to process this request. No communication from merchant on exchange shipment...."
- "My wife recently bought a 2011 BMW X5. After she signed the papers Stephen (the sale manager) informs her that the vehicle needs to be taken to the shop..."