While trying to file a homeowners claim in October (due to a theft), we discovered that our policy's deductable has doubled the month before. Our agent "played dumb" when I asked why it increased, and it wasn't until I called again, that he told me that everyones policy deductable had doubled and it was noted on my renewal the month before. (No other notification, just a note on the policy.)
Some agents attempted to contact their clients atleast 3 times...not my agent! He states that he called and left a message, but not so...I have an answering maching and caller ID... no call. Then I found out the day they supposadly called - funny thing, I was home, off work the entire day, because I had surgery the day before. Like I said, there was NO call.
Besides all that, in the same week surrounding the day they supposedly called, I have records of contact with them on 3 different occasions, because we were taking out another policy for liability insurance. Not once did they ever mention anything abouth the homeowners deductable.
After talking to several "higher ups" at State Farm, I got nowhere. Guess they are in their legal rights by just putting 2 lines on your policy. Shame on me for not looking it over, but I never imagined they could change that without approval.
So much for being with State Farm for over 20 years.... when they decide to sneakly change something and there is no mandate on how agents notify clients, this is just poor business practice...but I'm sure losing one customer that gives them over $7000 a year is no big deal to them.
If anyone knows of anyway to go further with this, let me know.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Homeowners Policy
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I was going to work on 12/07/15 at 8.45 am. On the route 272N and Pennisula drive, North East, Md – 21901, I was just standing to make right turn..."
- "Last September 12th driving on the highway i-35 SB when an unidentified object hit my windshield while going 70 mph. I was going from Austin to San Antonio and had..."
- "Odds on Promotions and hole in one international and hole in one usa are all scammers and they are ALL THE SAME COMPANY I know i was offered a job..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "I had used CarID in the past with no issues. We bought my son new tail lights for his Jeep Liberty. These lights are actually dangerous because you..."
- "Okay, I have seen reviews and complaints that state the Foreign Affair or Loveme.com site is a scam... I have been to the AFA seminars and at every one they..."
- "nagpadala ako ng box 2 box of xtra large from dubai to mindanao hinabol kona palitan ang address sabe pwede dw pumunta lng sa malapit na lbc branch..pumunta nga ako..."
- "On July 08, 2016, I went and withdrew 40.00 from my rushcard in Ducanville TX, after that I went to get a haircut in Lancaster TX, after that I went..."