State Farm Insurance - Sneaky deductable increase on homeowners policy
While trying to file a homeowners claim in October (due to a theft), we discovered that our policy's deductable has doubled the month before. Our agent "played dumb" when I asked why it increased, and it wasn't until I called again, that he told me that everyones policy deductable had doubled and it was noted on my renewal the month before. (No other notification, just a note on the policy.)
Some agents attempted to contact their clients atleast 3 times...not my agent! He states that he called and left a message, but not so...I have an answering maching and caller ID... no call. Then I found out the day they supposadly called - funny thing, I was home, off work the entire day, because I had surgery the day before. Like I said, there was NO call.
Besides all that, in the same week surrounding the day they supposedly called, I have records of contact with them on 3 different occasions, because we were taking out another policy for liability insurance. Not once did they ever mention anything abouth the homeowners deductable.
After talking to several "higher ups" at State Farm, I got nowhere. Guess they are in their legal rights by just putting 2 lines on your policy. Shame on me for not looking it over, but I never imagined they could change that without approval.
So much for being with State Farm for over 20 years.... when they decide to sneakly change something and there is no mandate on how agents notify clients, this is just poor business practice...but I'm sure losing one customer that gives them over $7000 a year is no big deal to them.
If anyone knows of anyway to go further with this, let me know.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "BEWARE OF ESURANCE!!! THEY ARE THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.On April 13, 2012 I had a not at fault accident where my truck incurred about $2,500.00..."
- "So infinity client hits my truck while it were (PARK)not bothing no one. So the first request they gave me was they needed a report from they client okay they..."
- "Filed claim for Car Travel Interruption Reimbursement following auto accident in which car was totaled and my husband injured. My Plus policy states I have up to $1000 in..."
- "Our plastic knob cracked and we purchased a replacement knob from GE Parts for $71.50 and when the part arrived it was smaller then the orignal knob and didn't set..."
- "Beware of this company! The owner, Allen, promises great workmanship in a timely manner but this is far from the truth. We contracted for a poured driveway and approaches, as..."
- "Simcity will require ALWAYS ON DRM that requires internet connection 24/7. To think i was an EA fan. Whats bad? The game will require it. If i pay $59.99 and..."
- "my first order is excellent! I recieved 4 fishes live and and good condition. So i order again and i recieve a tiny fish not a small size but tiny..."
- "I hope you read this before you order. I am a pastor of a church and my wife got online and ordered an arrangement for a family of our who's..."
- " TO: Arizona Region PO Box 52085 Phoenix, AZ 85072 Ph: (602)728-8000 firstname.lastname@example.org Reference: Challenge corporate policy of refusing legal temporary photo ID Don't lie and tell me it's the law when I know exactly what the law..."