State Farm Insurance - sneaky deductable increase on homeowners policy
While trying to file a homeowners claim in October (due to a theft), we discovered that our policy's deductable has doubled the month before. Our agent "played dumb" when I asked why it increased, and it wasn't until I called again, that he told me that everyones policy deductable had doubled and it was noted on my renewal the month before. (No other notification, just a note on the policy.)
Some agents attempted to contact their clients atleast 3 times...not my agent! He states that he called and left a message, but not so...I have an answering maching and caller ID... no call. Then I found out the day they supposadly called - funny thing, I was home, off work the entire day, because I had surgery the day before. Like I said, there was NO call.
Besides all that, in the same week surrounding the day they supposedly called, I have records of contact with them on 3 different occasions, because we were taking out another policy for liability insurance. Not once did they ever mention anything abouth the homeowners deductable.
After talking to several "higher ups" at State Farm, I got nowhere. Guess they are in their legal rights by just putting 2 lines on your policy. Shame on me for not looking it over, but I never imagined they could change that without approval.
So much for being with State Farm for over 20 years.... when they decide to sneakly change something and there is no mandate on how agents notify clients, this is just poor business practice...but I'm sure losing one customer that gives them over $7000 a year is no big deal to them.
If anyone knows of anyway to go further with this, let me know.108474d8 review #211494
You may also like
- "BEWARE OF ESURANCE!!! THEY ARE THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.On April 13, 2012 I had a not at fault accident where my truck incurred about $2,500.00..."
- "I was in an auto accident on 4-13-2012..hit by a drunk driver and a hit and run. A couple of weeks after the accident Encompass called me and asked me..."
- "Scott Holdridge is a lying cheating ***. Horrible, HORRIBLE customer service. File a claim and they take 4 days to get back to you. They're never in their office....."
- "Kristen has been trying to get my phone number for a long time and is the whiniest meanest teacher in the world. I would date her but she is not..."
- "Ordered flowers and balloons for husband's birthday. They delivered them a day early. What was delivered for the flowers was cheap and sad looking--nothing like the fully upgrade $65 charge..."
- "Ordered chicken pasta alfredo. Got home with it, opened it up and there was hardly any sauce and the chicken was barely warm. ..."
- "My husband and I spent over $7,000 dollars in the last year and a half at Gardner White and planned to purchase our family room furniture next month, but after..."
- "I am a recent victim of a Cydcor office in Michigan. I worked in Bingham Farms with a ATT Uverse office. I never was paid correctly, I was..."
- "Scam artists!!! I hired CED Development in November of 2013 for a simple 3-4 day fence project that still isn't finished. This was a horrible experience that consisted from excuses..."