1.4
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

This is the issue I am having with State Farm.My house was hit by the Christmas tornado, December 26, 2015 that hit Garland and Rowlett, Texas - I live in Rowlett.

For the past 17 months and it's been nothing but an enormous fight with State Farm to fix my house. I have been through SIX adjustors and this latest one, Angela Dominguez in Houston, Texas, is blackmailing my attorney in stating that "she will not authorize the payment of the rental house and furniture UNLESS the attorneys accept HER office of additional money (which is still about $40,000 short) to repair my house AND gives her a signed contract by the person who owns the Construction company who is set to do the repairs, with a date they will be starting renovation on my house and a date they will be completing it! Is THIS really how State Farm's CEO Michael Tipsord wants the company to treat a customer who has been paying his company to insure houses and cars for 32 years? By blackmailing and bullying them and dragging it out until they are so frustrated, AND SICK, that attorneys have to be hired, and I file a complaint?

The excuses they are using ranges from the gas leak was pre-existing to the house is deteriorating and the foundation is even worse because YOU failed to water the foundation. The tornado shifted my house, split the roof, shattered two windows, broke a water pipe, and broke a gas line. When the gas came back on FOUR DAYS after the tornado, the fire department and gas company showed up to tell me to leave the house and turned the gas back off - that was on December 30, 2015 and the gas has been off ever since - over 17 months! In January - with no one living in the house, I received a water bill that was significantly higher than it was when I was living in the house.

I went to the water department in Rowlett and had the water turned off - it's been off for 16 months now. State Farm's Adjusters have stated the gas leak was pre-existing, the water leak was pre-existing, the split roof was pre-existing - as if I were just waiting for a convenient tornado to use as an excuse. State Farm even canceled my policy because I FAILED TO MAKE THE REPAIRS IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME and it 'WAS TOO MUCH RISK FOR STATE FARM TO CONTINUE INSURING MY HOUSE!!!! Now the State Farm ADJUSTER, Angela Dominguez, is stating that I have been negligent in watering the foundation because the house is even more deteriorated - what am I supposed to do - HAUL WATER FROM THE NEARBY LAKE to water the foundation?????

The water is off because the tornado shifted my house and broke a water pipe! Angela Dominguez in Houston, Texas, is now making these demands, that I mentioned above, and the rent for my rental house is eleven days late now, and the folks at ALE Solutions are supposed to have someone come pick up the rental furniture on Friday unless I pay for it - and $900 plus the $1495 for the rent. Now my policy states that State Farm will pay for the rental house and rental furniture for up to two years, or until the home is fixed. To date, they have lied, stalled, made excuses, bullied, and now blackmailed me into accepting the latest amount that will still not get my home repaired, and this Angela Domingues IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!

"Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" no longer applies to anyone at State Farm who is connected with the catastrophic repairs to my home. ALE Solutions have been absolutely WONDERFUL and incredible, and amazing to work with for the relocation side. However, the adjustors you have for the catastrophic side have been dishonorable, liars, and bullies. ?

I am an honorable woman of good character, but I have had THREE lung infections the past year from all the stress that State Farm's adjusters have put me through. I have paid State Farm for 32 years!

I am outraged at the way State Farm is treating a long time customer, and it's about something is done about it.I would like to sue for all the stress and frustration, and missed time at my job that I've had to go to my house and meet assorted adjusters, structural engineers, and now had to hire and attorney, but I can't afford it.

Review about: State Farm Insurance Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Being bullied and blackmailed by State Farm adjustors and NOT providing enough money to fix my house after the tornado hit 17 MONTHS ago!.

Preferred solution: Full payment to fix my house, and compensation for the hell they have put me through the last 17 months.

I didn't like: Being blackmailed and bullied by the state farm adjusters, Customer service is no help, Being treted like the enemy by my adjuster, Lack of communication.

Had an Experience with State Farm Insurance?

Comments