State Farm Insurance - Don't believe their good hands BS.
I am a retired, single 67 year old disabled woman.I filed a claim for a broken swamp cooler line, which caused my dining room ceiling to collapse.
They contracted with an inept clean up crew, whom left 8 air mover fans running for over 10 days. My home is only 850 square feet. They put no plastic or containment material up to contain the installation from flying around. This caused me lung problems.
I ended up staying in a motel for a month. My power bill was increased by 3 times, with no reimbursement. After 10 days I met the head worker at my house and saw him test for moisture next to the floorboard. He stated, "yep, still wet." After seeing where he was testing, I went back and took the wallboard off myself so it could dry out.
After 2 weeks the construction crew came in and I was able to return home after another 2 weeks. It should have taken half the time to repair. I complained to State Farm several times, but they did nothing. My 52" television blew up there weeks later, however to late for the claim.
The only thing State Farm did was report my claim and cancel my HMO insurance. I was given 90 days to find another insurance company. Now I pay 3 times the annual amount for the same insurance coverage and I get to wait 3 years before I can get it reduced. This is the first and only time I have ever submitted a Homeowners claim.
State Farm's advertisements are far from the truth. They should care more for the customers they have, instead of lying to the unsuspecting public. Heaven help those that homes burns down and not just have water damage.
I was sick to hear that State Farm is now giving mortgage loans.They can't even offer honest insurance coverage.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Insurance Claim
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Everyone who experienced last year hail should read this story. Today, for the forth time since the hail storms last July, a State Farm insurance adjuster visited my house. By..."
- "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..."
- "My homeowners insurance was canceled when I filed a claim for water damage. They listed a claim also from 9/15/08 for the storm that hit as an aftermath of..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "My daughters were looking at a new modeling agency called, Envy Models. It is ran by a woman of Ashlee Bybee. We contacted her and she gave us the information..."
- "I (stupidly, from what I have found out) purchased a 1 year XBox Live code. I was supposed to receive it within a couple of hours. That was on Saturday...."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."