I am a retired, single 67 year old disabled woman.I filed a claim for a broken swamp cooler line, which caused my dining room ceiling to collapse.
They contracted with an inept clean up crew, whom left 8 air mover fans running for over 10 days. My home is only 850 square feet. They put no plastic or containment material up to contain the installation from flying around. This caused me lung problems.
I ended up staying in a motel for a month. My power bill was increased by 3 times, with no reimbursement. After 10 days I met the head worker at my house and saw him test for moisture next to the floorboard. He stated, "yep, still wet." After seeing where he was testing, I went back and took the wallboard off myself so it could dry out.
After 2 weeks the construction crew came in and I was able to return home after another 2 weeks. It should have taken half the time to repair. I complained to State Farm several times, but they did nothing. My 52" television blew up there weeks later, however to late for the claim.
The only thing State Farm did was report my claim and cancel my HMO insurance. I was given 90 days to find another insurance company. Now I pay 3 times the annual amount for the same insurance coverage and I get to wait 3 years before I can get it reduced. This is the first and only time I have ever submitted a Homeowners claim.
State Farm's advertisements are far from the truth. They should care more for the customers they have, instead of lying to the unsuspecting public. Heaven help those that homes burns down and not just have water damage.
I was sick to hear that State Farm is now giving mortgage loans.They can't even offer honest insurance coverage.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Insurance Claim
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I went threw ESurance to get a renters policy on my apartment with Homesite Insurance, I did this because I had had several break ins at my apartment in 2014,..."
- "This lady rear ended me on 12-14-12. I had to call the cops because she refused to provide me with her drivers license and proof of insurance. Once the police..."
- "One of Farm Bureau insurance companies insurers had a tree limb fall on my car...Almost $7500 damage. Don't let those heart warming commercials you see they put on TV fool..."
- "The driver of a mr appliance van slammed into the back of my car causing me to hit the person in front of me and the person in front of..."
- "ordered two dresses based off their size charts. one is size of a top so i wear it as such, would've liked it to have been a dress as the..."
- "We signed up with Vivent Wireless internet and phone in April of 2015. I was so excited by the promise of up to 100Mbs for the same price I was..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."
- "DO NOT USE THE LAWN GUY!!!!!!!! Was just scammed and lied to about service. So mad about how we were treated! Please save your money and time. Horrible company! Was told..."