Salt Lake City, Utah

I am a retired, single 67 year old disabled woman.I filed a claim for a broken swamp cooler line, which caused my dining room ceiling to collapse.

Related: State Farm Insurance - Hail damage

They contracted with an inept clean up crew, whom left 8 air mover fans running for over 10 days. My home is only 850 square feet. They put no plastic or containment material up to contain the installation from flying around. This caused me lung problems.

I ended up staying in a motel for a month. My power bill was increased by 3 times, with no reimbursement. After 10 days I met the head worker at my house and saw him test for moisture next to the floorboard. He stated, "yep, still wet." After seeing where he was testing, I went back and took the wallboard off myself so it could dry out.

After 2 weeks the construction crew came in and I was able to return home after another 2 weeks. It should have taken half the time to repair. I complained to State Farm several times, but they did nothing. My 52" television blew up there weeks later, however to late for the claim.

The only thing State Farm did was report my claim and cancel my HMO insurance. I was given 90 days to find another insurance company. Now I pay 3 times the annual amount for the same insurance coverage and I get to wait 3 years before I can get it reduced. This is the first and only time I have ever submitted a Homeowners claim.

State Farm's advertisements are far from the truth. They should care more for the customers they have, instead of lying to the unsuspecting public. Heaven help those that homes burns down and not just have water damage.

I was sick to hear that State Farm is now giving mortgage loans.They can't even offer honest insurance coverage.

Review about: Insurance Claim.

I didn't like: Dishonest.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $12000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with State Farm Insurance?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.