So I met with my new agent, Chauncey Charlson, and to make a long story short, he withheld and probably purposely lied about information about mutual fund fees at fund opening and told me there were no other fees on my investment ever. This all occured after I was treated like a child by his supervisor, Molly, who clearly didn't understand that I don't understand mutual funds.

When I asked Molly about fees coming off the earnings of the fund, she told me yes. Much to my surprise, I learned after the fact that Molly didn't give correct information, Chauncey witholds/lies/and/or doesn't know the information and here I am bring taken advantage of so he can pad his paycheck. I called the toll-free number and was given correct information and encouraged to put my complaints in writing, which I did and got a new agent.Oh, stay away from opening new policies with Chauncey too. I asked him to open a umbrella policy on Dec.

6. On Jan 3 when I hadn't heard anything about it, I asked him and he told me that department gets backed up at the end of the year. My umbrella policy didn't go into effect until Jan 5.

I again called HQ and learned Chauncey did not input my info for this policy until Jan 5. It's not an end-of-year department backlog, it's a cowardly agent who won't own up to his mistakes.

Comments