1.4

I received a 25% rate increase on an auto policy: since my agent's office will only tell me that they have nothing to do with rate increases I called the 800 # for customer service! I was advise that the rate increase was an across the board increase set by the Dept of Insurance of the state of Missouri!

When I called the DoI I was advised THEY DO NOT SET RATES!

I still do not know what the rate increase is for, all I know is State Farm cannot be trusted! After nearly 20 years I will now have to find another ins co!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of state farm insurance auto insurance. State Farm Insurance needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned state farm insurance auto insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at State Farm Insurance.

Comments

Leavenworth, Kansas, United States #1329401

Well its a lot of factors to the rate I received a rate increase I am with Farmers Ins So that being said your agent should have contacted you before you received your bill One of the reason for my auto increase was "TEXTING" Drivers wont leave there cell alone while driving !!

Insurance rates are determined with multiple factors in mind. A portion of the rate is the claim experience of the type of vehicle you drive, not just your personal claim experience, the claim experience of the territory you live in, your personal credit, your years with a particular company, continuously, and multiple other factors.

You receive discounts for length of time insured while remaining accident free, having multiple vehicles insured, having more than one type of insurance with a company and numerous other discounts are applied. There is no one size, fits all insurance rate. Insurance is made possible because large groups of people pool their money and when one of them need to use it, we pay for all of our claims as a group. Insurance companies request their rates based on all of these factors and more, then the insurance departments approve, deny or modify the rate requests.

So, you were not lied to, you just don't understand all the factors involved in rates.

Concern yourself with the discounts you're eligible for and keep your credit, your, class and your driving record clean. That's pretty much all the control you have.

i got the same response in Illinois. I work from home and am disabled.

my car sits. and it went up 20.00 since last premium