In July of 2011 we have a severe hail storm pass through our neigboorhood,documented on a site that State Farm even uses, damage was admitted to vents and skylight flashings and a couple other roof items,however the adjuster told me that God spared my shingles. The hail did hit every other house in my neighboorhood, one roofer alone pulled 39 permits for roofs in an immediate area of 1/2mile around our house.

They have denied any hail damage to shingles claiming it is faulty shingles. To make matters worse they have paid for the house 2 doors to the south of me and another house 3 doors to the northwest of me TOTAL ROOF REPLACEMENT--I have the one neighbors bill--says hail damage.12 or so immediate neighbors have had their roofs replaced at full insurance cost, and they have signed a form stating such, the others have all used same roofer, I don't feel the need to ask everyone, it is obvious. Regardless of what my shingles were they insured us at full replacement cost and are now making us jump through hoops to prove them wrong.

We have had State Farm for 35+ years without a catastrophic claim.Where is the good neighbor part? USA today did a story on 10-31-2012, after Hurricane Sandy about how well prepared as a result of huge surplus in insurance fund companies are prepared to handle claims, is a result of denying ones they should pay?

Comments