State Farm Insurance - Non Renewal of Home Owners Insurance
Let me begin by stating I have been with State Farm for over 25 years. I have every policy possible through State Farm, including Auto, Personal, Homeowners, Short and Long Term Disability, Personal Articles, and Life Insurance for myself, my wife, and all 4 of my children. I have referred my immediate and extended family members to State Farm. Many of my friends have also gotten insurance through State Farm from my referral. State Farm has made so much money off of my family, friends and the numerous referrals. During the last two years, I had to place three HOI claims and each claim was classified as CATOSTROPHIC due to natural disasters. The claims were as follows: May 14, 2010 Thunder Storm ( Hail Damage), August 28, 2011 Hurricane Irene (Flood Damage), and September 07, 2011 Tropical Storm Lee (Wind Damage. I've attached a link which describes the events that occurred where I live in Charles County, Maryland during those months mentioned.
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/views September, I received a letter and a phone call from my Agent that I've known and have been with for over 25 years to inform me that my Home Owners Insurance (HOI) policy will not be renewed because I had made 3 claims in 3 years. It's shameful that they would not keep me on as a valued and loyal customer. It is shameful that State Farm would drop me after all the money I have paid them and all the referrals I have made to them and the money that have made off of them.
Let me be clear that at no time during the claim process did any State Farm representative or my Agent make me aware that my HOI was in jeopardy because I was filing claims. There is nothing in my contract that states that if I made claims that were caused by inclement weather that my policy could potentially not be renewed or my premiums would increase. I was always under the assumption that if I caused the damage and filed a claim then yes my premiums could potentially go up and or not be renewed; that pretty much goes without saying. I purchased my first home in 1995 and occupied until 2000 which was a town home in which State Farm held the HOI, my second home was a single family that I purchased in 2000 and am currently occupying now which State Farm holds the HOI. I also have investment properties that State Farm holds the HOI. With that said I have paid a great deal of money to State Farm over the years and referred a lot of business to them. Even though I expressed this to my State Farm Agent, he stated that Under Writing would not reverse their stance on this issue.
Can someone tell me who above my Agent and the Under Writer that I can complain and express my discontent with? Is there also an outside agency that could help with this Unfair Practice?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Homeowners Insurance
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..."
- "A fall face first onto concrete resulted in smashed nose, deeply lacerated face, concussion, brain bruise. Secure Horizons would not allow me to go out-of-network quote “when there are qualified..."
- "I was involved in an accident & the Police report was inaccurate. State Farm paided out without reviewing my claim or vehicle for damages. The Police report reads hit drivers..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."