North East, Maryland

I was going to work on 12/07/15 at 8.45 am. On the route 272N and Pennisula drive, North East, Md – 21901, I was just standing to make right turn at Cross Roads. Suddenly, I started a noise of one high speed car trying to make a short Break and Next second, before I could understand anything I saw the 2 car hit each other and the windshield of the one car suddenly was flying towards my car. I got scared and ducked myself in order to protect myself. And the next thing, I saw was one car was totally damaged and the lady in that car was bleeding badly. I immediately called 911 to make an arrangement of Ambulance and cops. The left side of my car door was totally damaged because of that windshield as it is giving me the horrible noise when I close/Open door. After cops arrived, I got the accident claim number (15-msp-045560) and cop’s name (SGT. – Pientaza) and he said to give this accident report number to my insurance Geico. Now, I reported that incident to Geico, and As per Geico, I need the official police report of the incident so, they could contact the insurance of the person who was in the fault. After 2 weeks, I was able to get the police report with all information and gave all information to Geico. Geico also contacted the Fault Person’s insurance “State Farm” and reported everything. Now, here my complaint starts -

The person named “Marlon Vick” was claim representative from “State Farm”. I have never seen that much rude person in my life. He called me and asked me all the detail and told me very rudely that I need to go to “Geico” and has to pay my deductible because our investigation is still pending. I was very curious that after having police report with them, how could they become unsure about incident? Marlon told me that his client Mr. Carnation Short was not in fault and he told me that the person behind him hit the car that’s why the accident happened. Well, that is 100 % false as I have not seen any car behind him and Police report officially says that that was his fault and He was failed to give full time attention and time. “State Farm” is cheating here and trying to save his client so, they don’t have to pay a single dollar. “Marlon” was very rude and told me that until my investigation doesn’t over, I won’t make decision. The excuses were He left voicemail and State police is not calling back, etc. He told me that it could take up to 2-5 years, too. He was like not intending to pay at all. I don’t understand that who doesn’t go with the official Maryland State Police Report??? If his client Mr. carnation Short gave the statement that His car was hit by another car from the back then Why it’s not in Official police Report????Mr. Short is lying very badly or State Farm is just trying to protect him and lying so, they don’t need to pay money to other victims.

I am very much upset that I was just standing there, had nothing to do with accident, Called 911 and tried to save woman who was badly damaged. And, for that, at the end of the day, I am not supposed to pay 500 dollars deductible from my side to fix my car. I really need your help in order to give me justice for that. State Farm is very big Million-Dollar company but, also doing so much fraud. And, reputation hurts very badly because of the persons like “Marlon Vick”.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Claim process, Assigned agent.

Had an Experience with State Farm Insurance?

Comments

Dunn, North Carolina, United States #1267167

State Farm has been a disappointment.

A police report is just a report of what those at the scene stated.The police officer was not an eye witness's to the event.

Therefore, insurance companies use the report as one piece of the puzzle.

The insurance company is contracted with their client to defend them, just as your company is contracted to defend you.You have three choices, wait it out, file against your policy and let your company do the leg work or sue whomever you believe to be at fault.

Just sue Mr. Carnation Short in small claims court for the damage to your vehicle.