State Farm Insurance - REAR ENDED and had to Pay for it!
My son was REAR ENDED at a yield, the other driver hit him hard enough to shatter the back window causing almost 7K in damages and the car was totaled.My son yielded, creeped forward, looked back to find on coming traffic and stopped when BAM!
he was hit. According to the claims rep, the other driver was "adamant" that my son changed lanes and abruptly stopped causing the accident. REALLY??? So how is it they were able to get into the 7-11 parking lot directly adjacent to coming out of the U turn (from interstate loop back)???
There is not enough linear footage for both cars to bin to the right of the U turn and still make it in to the 7-11 and even if there were...my son was in front, he had the right away! RIDICULOUS!! I submitted photos of both vehicles, the arial map shots of the accident site and police report which indicated the driver was following too close...Of course, it doesn't count for anything because the other driver had FLED the scene and wasn't there to give his story (HIT and RUN). According to the agent he didn't think that the fact the back window was shattered out and the car was not drivable was "that big of a deal".
As a matter of fact the other driver left the scene in the vehicle that hit my son, and returned with another person in a DIFFERENT vechicle, was told the police were called and left again. Oh, to top it off, there was a passenger with my son, a witness, and that doesn't count either. My Agent, a previous claims adjuster, went to bat for me and agrued my case with the claims agent BUT still, because we both had State Farm, the insurance company paid for the repair of the other drivers vehicle with MY POLICY, said it WASN'T CLEAR who was liable. From the photos it appears to me that the other driver was in a rush and when he noticed my son had actually stopped he veared to the right or he was impatient and was attempting to pass on the right.
Either way, the other driver should have been found liable! I have been with State Farm for over 20 years and have always been very happy but this is BS. I am suspect that because my son was only 18 they are not giving his account the leverage they should.
I have no idea where to file a greivance.VERY DISAPPOINTED!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Previous claims
What I disliked
- Recent claiim
- Unfair determination
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Insurance Claim
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was going to work on 12/07/15 at 8.45 am. On the route 272N and Pennisula drive, North East, Md – 21901, I was just standing to make right turn..."
- "This lady rear ended me on 12-14-12. I had to call the cops because she refused to provide me with her drivers license and proof of insurance. Once the police..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "Justin delivers laundry set on Wednesday. He installed a used dryer vent hose, and put the washer in front of the dryer plug. The washer connections are in plain sight...."
- "On July 23, 2016, I filed a dispute with Netspend against Time Warner Cable for a service I did not receive. On August 9th, I followed up with Netspend to..."
- "My loan was transferred from Flagstar Bank on November 30,2015. I contaced Cenlar to enroll in ACH, filled out form and sent in. I was told I could do bi-weekly,..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."