My son was REAR ENDED at a yield, the other driver hit him hard enough to shatter the back window causing almost 7K in damages and the car was totaled.My son yielded, creeped forward, looked back to find on coming traffic and stopped when BAM!
he was hit. According to the claims rep, the other driver was "adamant" that my son changed lanes and abruptly stopped causing the accident. REALLY??? So how is it they were able to get into the 7-11 parking lot directly adjacent to coming out of the U turn (from interstate loop back)???
There is not enough linear footage for both cars to bin to the right of the U turn and still make it in to the 7-11 and even if there were...my son was in front, he had the right away! RIDICULOUS!! I submitted photos of both vehicles, the arial map shots of the accident site and police report which indicated the driver was following too close...Of course, it doesn't count for anything because the other driver had FLED the scene and wasn't there to give his story (HIT and RUN). According to the agent he didn't think that the fact the back window was shattered out and the car was not drivable was "that big of a deal".
As a matter of fact the other driver left the scene in the vehicle that hit my son, and returned with another person in a DIFFERENT vechicle, was told the police were called and left again. Oh, to top it off, there was a passenger with my son, a witness, and that doesn't count either. My Agent, a previous claims adjuster, went to bat for me and agrued my case with the claims agent BUT still, because we both had State Farm, the insurance company paid for the repair of the other drivers vehicle with MY POLICY, said it WASN'T CLEAR who was liable. From the photos it appears to me that the other driver was in a rush and when he noticed my son had actually stopped he veared to the right or he was impatient and was attempting to pass on the right.
Either way, the other driver should have been found liable! I have been with State Farm for over 20 years and have always been very happy but this is BS. I am suspect that because my son was only 18 they are not giving his account the leverage they should.
I have no idea where to file a greivance.VERY DISAPPOINTED!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Previous claims
What I disliked
- Recent claiim
- Unfair determination
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Insurance Claim
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I got hurt a work and back in 2005 I had 20 teeth come out from Taking Oxycontin for 12 yr...these rx pain pills caused my teeth to fall out....LM..."
- "Back on September 9, 2015 I was hit head on by a gecio insurance customer. Here it is 11 months later my medical bills haven't been paid, my..."
- ".my car went to colllision max on 1/16/15 and returned 2/11/15 .I immediately noticed dent was painted not repaired.both left side windows had molding hanging and cut.windows hanging at any..."
- "On July 23, 2016, I filed a dispute with Netspend against Time Warner Cable for a service I did not receive. On August 9th, I followed up with Netspend to..."
- "My loan was transferred from Flagstar Bank on November 30,2015. I contaced Cenlar to enroll in ACH, filled out form and sent in. I was told I could do bi-weekly,..."
- "WHAT A SCAM!!!! After paying for 3 months of service and using it for 10 days I get a message saying that my account cannot be reactivated and to call..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."