100% full Not resolved
5.0

My son was REAR ENDED at a yield, the other driver hit him hard enough to shatter the back window causing almost 7K in damages and the car was totaled.My son yielded, creeped forward, looked back to find on coming traffic and stopped when BAM!

he was hit. According to the claims rep, the other driver was "adamant" that my son changed lanes and abruptly stopped causing the accident. REALLY??? So how is it they were able to get into the 7-11 parking lot directly adjacent to coming out of the U turn (from interstate loop back)???

There is not enough linear footage for both cars to bin to the right of the U turn and still make it in to the 7-11 and even if there were...my son was in front, he had the right away! RIDICULOUS!! I submitted photos of both vehicles, the arial map shots of the accident site and police report which indicated the driver was following too close...Of course, it doesn't count for anything because the other driver had FLED the scene and wasn't there to give his story (HIT and RUN). According to the agent he didn't think that the fact the back window was shattered out and the car was not drivable was "that big of a deal".

As a matter of fact the other driver left the scene in the vehicle that hit my son, and returned with another person in a DIFFERENT vechicle, was told the police were called and left again. Oh, to top it off, there was a passenger with my son, a witness, and that doesn't count either. My Agent, a previous claims adjuster, went to bat for me and agrued my case with the claims agent BUT still, because we both had State Farm, the insurance company paid for the repair of the other drivers vehicle with MY POLICY, said it WASN'T CLEAR who was liable. From the photos it appears to me that the other driver was in a rush and when he noticed my son had actually stopped he veared to the right or he was impatient and was attempting to pass on the right.

Either way, the other driver should have been found liable! I have been with State Farm for over 20 years and have always been very happy but this is BS. I am suspect that because my son was only 18 they are not giving his account the leverage they should.

I have no idea where to file a greivance.VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Jacosta wrote the review because of poor customer service at State Farm Insurance and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $4000 and wants State Farm Insurance to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was recent claiim and unfair determination. Author liked the most agent and previous claims. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by State Farm Insurance and state farm insurance claim for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with State Farm Insurance?

Comments

Owings Mills, Maryland, United States #952381

File claim with insurance commissioner.Or try civil.

Suite l placed my car in shop in june 2014. For ignition. Coil mechanic kept car for two months teling me the part haven't came only to discover. He had parted my car out file claim with state.

Farm ther deined it so now l am waiting.On court date

The place to file a grievance is in court. Make sure your son has some aches and pains, and get going.

to pulltype #949252

Time to get a lawyer and sue State Farm insurance and the hit and run suspect.