Rome, Georgia
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I was coming home from having an MRI done on my neck when I was hit by State Farm customer. I am 60-year-old woman, this is not the first Car accident I have been in. But this is far the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. First I was asked to Fax my title in. I have signed it incorrectly. But Sense I had faxed it in The mistake should have been found. But no I was asked to mailit in.I call In and I was told it was signed wrong... You never get any info unless you call. So after many calls and my husband having to get off early two different days... I am finally told I will get my pay off on the 22nd. But because of the original title being incorrectly signed I did not get my pay out until the 29th. This this accident happened on June 6. I didn't return the rental car until I received my pay out. The rental car company said I only had $26 a day for a car. The only cars in that price range were low to the ground. I cannot drive or ride in a low vehicle. That is why I was driving a truck when I was hit. I was also told they would call to check to see if my injuries were better.

To make a long story short. I am out $300 on a rental car. Lost time for my husband. Medical bills that no one has mentioned. Because apparently even if you're not paid for your vehicle you are not supposed to have the rental car after a agreement on the pay off I reached. Apparently State Farm thanks I can fly until I get another car. Also I had to call 4 to 5 times a day in order to get this much done I don't believe anyone even looks at your claim unless you're on the phone with them!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: It sucked, Claim process unfair.

Had an Experience with State Farm Insurance?

Comments

This is standard insurance practice.As the claimant you are entitled to the economy valued rental vehicle.

If you want an upgrade you can always pay the difference, your choice. The rental car coverage ends when an offer is made. The offer for medical coverage will be made once all bills are received by the company and treatment has ended. All standard practice.

As for the error you made signing the title, that is not the insurance company's error and the extra time it took is also not the insurance company's error or fault.

You always had the choice to involve your own insurance.

That's who you're contracted with to protect and defend you.The person who hit you is contracted with their insurance company to protect and defend them.

to Anonymous Rome, Georgia, United States #1180909

What do you do for a car while they drag their butts on the pay out

to Debria Rome, Georgia, United States #1180920

I did not wreck a economy car! And yes I did sign it in the wrong place but they had I for two days and could have said something before I mailed

to Debria #1180952

It doesn't make any difference what was wrecked.The state of Georgia and the contract language of the law states that as a claimant, you are only entitled to an economy replacement vehicle.

Your own insurance company could provide you with an upgrade if you went through them and carried adequate coverage.

The at-fault party's insurance company had 30 business days from the date you reported the claim to investigate before they even had to respond to your claim against them. So, technically, they didn't have to respond to you and start the procedures until the middle of July . Instead, your claim was settled by June 29th and that's including the extra time due to your error.

I'd say that's exceptional. That is most certainly not "dragging their butts".

As for what I would have done without my car, I would have used one of my other vehicles, gotten rides with friends, co-workers or family, took a cab or Uber or rented a car through the coverage I carry via my insurance company.

to Anonymous #1181761

You are obviously associated with an insurance company.

to Anonymous #1181954

Attorneys, body shop owners, employees and insurance professionals are all familiar with how insurance companies work.Your remark sounds like it's bad thing to know how risk management works.

Just trying to help you understand.Just because you don't like the laws and rules, doesn't mean they're wrong.

to Anonymous Rome, Georgia, United States #1182215

the funny thing is my name is not on that truck only my husband they should have never settled with me! My lawyer said my husband has a good case