My dad had insurance on his home and a wind storm damaged over a 3rd of his 6 year old roof (home across the street had similar damage) at same time. Called Tharp to report said he would send someone out I told him to have the guy call me so I could meet him, he called and when I got there he was on my home down the block which had no damage.

he came down argued that it was an old roof then it was poorly installed and was nothing but a smart alec and wasn't even a State Farm adjuster. After he left i got a roofer to tarp the roof and give an estimate $2700.plus the tarping. About 2 weeks latter my Dad got a check for $1900 I called Tharp faxed him a copy of estimate and the receipt for tarping he told me return the check and he would take care of it. I had the roof fixed and then my Dad passed and I sold the home called Tharp to cancel the insurance and asked about the roof payment.

Never received a replacement check nor a check for refund of premium not used. Multiple calls to Tharp and no response. My dad had State Farm from the 1950's. Last week called Tharp 2 times left message with his assistant she assured me he would back never did.

It is amazing he can't wait to talk to you about purchasing insurance so he can collect his 10% commission but when its time to help he 's too busy.

My family had other insurance with him and now can't call back. So if you are in the Jackson area and need insurance don't waste time with him as he doesn't care about his clients.

I didn't like: Getting screwed.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 06.

Comments

Sorry, it is difficult to understand your explanation of the insurance claim dispute. If a payment was already issued on your father's house and and then returned un-cashed, it can be easily re-issued. However, it will be made out in your father's name or to the the estate and the person handling the probate can deposit it!

GainfulMammoth214
to JHJ #1609542

That was the problem I returned the check to Tharp as he told me to do, who said he would get the total of $3000 not the $1900 that was sent. He never did what he promised to do.

Further more I am the executor of his estate and I was the one who wrote the check( out of my account) to the roofer.

Hope that clears it up for you. Plus he never refunded the premium that was paid when the house was sold.

Very sorry about your Dad. He is an irreplaceable loss.

I'm sure you really don't need some dodgy insurance agent using terms like "loss" when dealing with a lousy roof claim. It's inexcusable to make less than zero effort to help you get everything that falls within this person's domain closed out and completed.