Danbury, Wisconsin

I have been with State Farm insurance since 1989 in that time at the most i have had 4 claims on my homeowners....they keep putting my monthly policy amount higher and higher when i ask them about this via email or phone message i have yet to hear back from them.They also take it upon themselves to raise my coverage amount...recently they increased the value of my home on the policy..i did not even authorize this! with the housing market the way it is i would be tickled to get the value they have listed!!! how can they do that without my authorization????????????????????????

Review about: State Farm Insurance Homeowners Insurance.

Comments

#320209

State Farm didn't increase the value on your house. Your policy insures your for the replacement cost.

Just because a house doesn't sell for as much as it did a few years ago, doesn't mean that it costs less to re-build the house. Built into your policy (and most Homeowners policie) is an inflation guard.

It increases your coverage with the rate of inflation for you area. If you feel it is insured for too much money, contact your agent and have them redo their "insured to value" calculator.