If State Farm was my "good neighbor"....I'd move! These guys rip you off by underpaying a claim and giving you nothing but run around.

My vehcile was totaled by a State Farm insured driver and they had the nerve to suggest that I drive 400+ miles to find a replacement vehicle. Not to mention the that that I've taken time away from work and spent endless hours researching a replacement vehicle.

Before this, I was going to switch my (2) home owners, my auto polices and live insurance to them. No wonder attorneys go after these guys.

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Claim.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 07, 2011.

Comments

Thank you Guy. That supports what i was going to say.

We do not compensate you for loss wages or time spend traveling on theft comp claims. You could file against the person who STOLE your vehicle because they were liable for it. To Steph A., if you did not purchase collision insurance, we are not responsible for any damages incurred on your vehicle, at fault or not. In your case, unfortuantly the driver moved on.

In Illinois its required by state law to have Uninsured Coverage for this exact reason.

Even if you carried liability only, you would pay a $250 deductible and get your vehicle fixed. Maybe time to move?

#320972

There is a reason why there is a website called "State Farm Doesn't Pay." Because they don't. I had an accident where a State Farm driver ran a red light and t-boned my car.

Even with an eye witness and a police report, they wouldn't pay for my car. Since I wasn't hurt and didn't have collision coverage on my car, they basically told me to sue them or stop pursuing my claim. Lawyers were too expensive so used this company called Cerberus Subrogation Professionals.

They specialize in resolving insurance claims. Way faster and cheaper than lawyers and they were able to force State Farm to do the right thing.

SF pays retail book value for total loss vehicles. This amount is more than anybody could sell their car for. So it's not believable that somebody is not happy with that type of offer on a total loss.

Maldonado, Maldonado, Uruguay #312541

If your vehicle was a total loss it is the insurance company's responsibility to determine a fair compensation. they do this by finding dealer quote, which ideally are local, but sometimes range further afield.

They then send you a check for the fair market value.

What you do with that money is up to you. If you want the exact same vehicle and need to travel to get it, that is your choice.