State Farms insured rear-ended my car. I filed a claim, State Farm sent nobody out to look at the damages.

The insured lied to the company and said I merged into the left hand lane, and that caused him to tailgate me and eventually hit my car. State Farm denied my claim. The damages were around $5,500 bucks. I took the insured to court and won.

State Farm urged the insured to appeal and represented the insured. State Farm's lawyers tried to use intimidation to sway me, but was unsuccessful to deter me. I won the appeals and was awarded a higher amount that was owed. 2 weeks went by, and no contact about the judgement from State Farm or their insured.

Therefore I filed a subpoena and a load of other paperwork to get a lien on the insured's bank acct. While the Sheriffs Dept. was serving the insured, State Farm finally contacted me to advise me to stop harassing the insured. I swiftly advised State Farm that I will take the insured back to court till I receive my judgement.

State Farm was then willing to work with my, only after low-balling at first. With a little insistence, State Farm would finally overnight a check.

Long story short this all could have been avoided if State Farm used some due diligence to analysis the damage do some research and payed for my damages.

Instead they payed double the amount plus court fees. State Farm, like many insurance companies, are out for themselves and their motto "good neighbor" is a fallacy.

Review about: State Farm Insurance Claim.

Comments

State Farm is sad and filled with woe

Edward Rust is no longer CEO

He had knowledge, but wasn’t in the know

The Board said it was time for him to go

All American Girl starred Margaret Cho

The Miami Heat coach is nicknamed Spo I hate to paddle but don’t like to row Edward Rust is no longer CEO The Board said it was time for him to go The word souffler is French for blow I love the rain but dislike the snow Ten tosses for a nickel or a penny a throw State Farm is sad and filled with woe Edward Rust is no longer CEO Bambi’s mom was a fawn who became a doe You can’t line up if you don’t get in a row My car isn’t running, “Give me a tow” He had knowledge but wasn’t in the know The Board said it was time for him to go Plant a seed and water it to make it grow Phases of the tide are ebb and flow If you head isn’t hairy you don’t have a fro You can buff your bald head to make it glow State Farm is sad and filled with woe Edward Rust is no longer CEO I like Mike Tyson more than Riddick Bowe A mug of coffee is a cup of joe Call me brother, don’t call me bro When I sing scat I sound like Al Jarreau State Farm is sad and filled with woe The Board said it was time for him to go A former Tigers pitcher was Lerrin LaGrow Ursula Andress was a Bond girl in Dr. No Brian Benben is married to Madeline Stowe Betsy Ross couldn’t knit but she sure could sew He had knowledge but wasn’t in the know Edward Rust is no longer CEO Grand Funk toured with David Allan Coe I said to Shoeless Joe, “Say it ain’t so” Brandon Lee died during the filming of The Crow In 1992 I didn’t vote for Ross Perot State Farm is sad and filled with woe The Board said it was time for him to go A hare is fast and a tortoise is slow The overhead compartment is for luggage to stow Beware from above but look out below I’m gaining momentum, I’ve got big mo He had knowledge but wasn’t in the know Edward Rust is no longer CEO I’ve travelled far but have miles to go My insurance company thinks I’m their ho I’m not their friend but I am their foe Robin Hood had arrows, a quiver and a bow State Farm has a lame duck CEO He had knowledge, but wasn’t in the know The Board said it was time for him to go State Farm is sad and filled with woe

The general public just doesn't realize how insurance works. As a claimant, you are not the insured. Only the insured has a contract with their insurance company. Therefore, the insurance company is legally bound to defend their insured. Unless the claim is extremely cut and dry and it's obvious who is at-fault, your own insurance company will take your side of the story and defend on your behalf.

When someone causes damage to your vehicle, with the proper coverage, you always have the option to file against your own insurance company. They have an obligation to defend you. That's what you pay them for. If you're the claimant, you're always better off using the company you pay and are contracted with. If your company pays, your company will investigate and subrogate against the at-fault party in order to retreive the monies they paid out on your behalf. They will also attempt to recover your deductible. Of course there are no guarantees all of the money will be recovered.

Bottom line, there is not an insurance company in the world that takes the claimant's statement over their insured's statement in a questionable claim especially when there are no witnesses. (Friends, relatives and passengers in your vehicle are not considered reliable witnesses). Finally, a police report is only a report of what statements were made. Unless the police officer writing the report was an eye witness, the report is only one tool used in the investigation and is not the final word. The insurance company makes the decision with their insured's interest in mind. Of course, anything can be fought in court and every insurance company will show up to defend their insured. That's just insurance basics.

They are trying to do the exact same thing to me right now.

Their client lied to them about the accident and state farm did not investigate it any further, they just assumed that the person making the claim is correct.

Obviously he is going to lie to get insurance money!! I even offered pictures of the scene if the accident but they do not care because they are to lazy to investigate it any further.

Ha! They tried to do the same thing to me.

Fortunately I was in a parking lot and there was a witness...........a video camera which proved their client hit my car. Now I just may report this as insurance fraud on their clients part.

At no time did they bother to come look at the damage to my car. Now they will pay twice as much and I will get my car fixed!