2.2
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Update by user Jun 17

It is now June 17, over a month after my claim was filed, they finally answered with a not covered under your policy.Paint was damaged for being worn out and old.

My claim meets several of their comprhensive coverage, but they can find no way to pay. Comprehensive was on storm damage. They claim no because the paint was worn out...LOL, never contacted me to get information on what happened, just took a body shop rainy photo's and a simple paint delamination statement. Rest of the car seperate from the damaged area untouched by the storm, guess paint wears out in "very Specific places" when you have a comprehensive claim= easy denial of claim and gives them a back door out, which State Farm is at the top of their game on denial's.

But on top of going up on rate's on everybody in NC because they must recoop their losses and show profit's. Leaving claims denied on customer's premiums and literly stealing their money. Big Business screwing the little customer's premiums.

And of course NC law backs them up with "you must have insurance and a state tag on your vehicle" or jail time.So State Farm has a strong allie, on the citizens of NC.

Original review posted by user Jun 06

A rainstorm (5") downpour broke a limb off a tree and it landed on top of the roof of my truck, piercing the clear coat.The hard rain beat through and bubbled about a four foot section of the clear coat, it looked like a ballon.

I tried removing the water with an electric blower and the clear coat just washed off in big piece's. I picked up a lot of the piece's and put them in a plastic bag to send pic's to State Farm Insurance as evidence to what happened. They had me take the vehicle to one of their prefered body shops for an estimate. Then they denied the claim saying my paint was old and already damaged.

Even with eyewitness's they still denied the claim. When they sold me the policy six month's earlier I bought comprhensive coverage. The paint on the vehicle was good enough for them to take my premium. But not after.

Comprehensive insurance cover's this kind of damage. Still they refuse to pay. I have filed several complaint's with my state (NC) commissioner and it's going nowhere.

This is just how big companies steal from customer's and get away with it.Mike Causey is NC insurance commissioner in NC, His office just passes the buck on these big companie's, after complaint's.

Review about: State Farm Insurance Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Very poor and decieving.

Had an Experience with State Farm Insurance?

Comments