My homeowners insurance was canceled when I filed a claim for water damage.They listed a claim also from 9/15/08 for the storm that hit as an aftermath of Katrina that hit Ohio.
All my neighbors had this problem our roofs were torn off from the wind. Is this a fair business practice to cancel an insurance because you use it? We did not plan for our house to flood or for our roof to come off due to wind damage.
Isn't it illegal for the insurance companies to cancel your insurance due to things out of your control?Who should I write to have this looked into as a unfair business practice?
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Zero integrity as a company
- That you are canceled for using the insurance
- Reason of review:
- Homeowners cancellations due to having claims that were acts of God, nothing I caused.
- Preferred solution:
- Not to be canceled.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- State Farm Homeowners Insurance
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Today one of their agents showed up at my house---unannounced and unplanned. His phone number is 662-832-9331. This is the second time in 6 months that Combined Ins. agents have..."
- "Someone with Fred Loya insurance totaled my truck (December 2013). They took 100% liability and I had a very fair check in my hands 2 weeks later. The Fred Loya..."
- "I was involved in a car accident on September 24th 2014 in which the who i had hit was uninsured and driving when he took off from the scene of..."
- "Augustine Automotive is amazing, it's like doing business with a close family member.; even my skeptical bride loves and trusts them. Not only are these guys men of integrity, but..."
- "If you receive a yellow post card saying welcome to your new home and to call Mrs. Mayes for your free welcoming gift. DONâ€™T! itâ€™s a huge scam itâ€™s a..."
- "Ordered a boquet for my daughter for her birthday. Asked for white dasies and yellow flowers. And she recieved the ugliest boquet i have ever seen!!! I called..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."