State Farm Insurance - State Farm Canceled My Homeowners Insurance
My homeowners insurance was canceled when I filed a claim for water damage.They listed a claim also from 9/15/08 for the storm that hit as an aftermath of Katrina that hit Ohio.
All my neighbors had this problem our roofs were torn off from the wind. Is this a fair business practice to cancel an insurance because you use it? We did not plan for our house to flood or for our roof to come off due to wind damage.
Isn't it illegal for the insurance companies to cancel your insurance due to things out of your control?Who should I write to have this looked into as a unfair business practice?
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Zero integrity as a company
- That you are canceled for using the insurance
- Reason of review:
- Homeowners cancellations due to having claims that were acts of God, nothing I caused.
- Preferred solution:
- Not to be canceled.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- State Farm Homeowners Insurance
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "One of Farm Bureau insurance companies insurers had a tree limb fall on my car...Almost $7500 damage. Don't let those heart warming commercials you see they put on TV fool..."
- "I live in a rule area, I pay state farm $5,000.00 a year. On 5/13/14 a person back into my car in a parking lot, my car wasn't damaged. When..."
- "I am terminally ill with cancer. My days are very limited. My daughter and I summit my claim for my cancer policy over a month ago through a Rep..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I purchased a 9 in tablet in june of 2016. When received it would not connect bluetooth whith mine or my wifes phones. Was sent another and it worked flawlessly..."
- "I was so embarrassed today on receiving my flowers. My husband let me know before work I was getting flowers. I couldn't believe it when I was handed a box...."
- "Waste Management locks in the customer with long term contacts (i.e. 36 months). You must notify Waste Management within the 3-6 month window before expiration or the contract is..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."