My homeowners insurance was canceled when I filed a claim for water damage.They listed a claim also from 9/15/08 for the storm that hit as an aftermath of Katrina that hit Ohio.

All my neighbors had this problem our roofs were torn off from the wind. Is this a fair business practice to cancel an insurance because you use it? We did not plan for our house to flood or for our roof to come off due to wind damage.

Isn't it illegal for the insurance companies to cancel your insurance due to things out of your control?Who should I write to have this looked into as a unfair business practice?

This reviewer shared experience about "homeowners cancellations due to having claims that were acts of god, nothing i caused." and wants this business to "not to be canceled" as the author lost $18000. The author is overall dissatisfied with State Farm Insurance and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about state farm homeowners insurance from State Farm Insurance was zero integrity as a company and that you are canceled for using the insurance Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about State Farm Insurance.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare State Farm Insurance to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with State Farm Insurance?

Comments

Your letter appears to have more than two claims listed per the photo.Statistically, most people turn in one claim every ten years to their homeowners insurance company.

Regardless of the reason for the claim, you are exceeding the statistical ability of the insurance company to make a profit. Based on your past history of making claims, you pose a large risk of future claims. Bottom line, you're high risk in the eyes of one of the most conservative insurance companies in America.

Insurance is designed for large, catastrophic losses that would result in a large financial strain to the homeowner.My advice would be that once you find a company that will agree to take on the risk you bring to the table, carry a very large deductible and don't call your insurer every time the wind blows.

to Anonymous #1048820

You must be an insurance agent to think so small.People do not anticipate problems when they take out insurance.

The insurance companies need to be regulated to do the right thing.I will submit something to federal agencies to get this ball rolling - your response is asinine!

to Anonymous #1049736

Wow!Clearly, you have absolutely no idea that insurance companies are, by far, one of the most regulated industries in America.

Rates are set and approved by state commissioners and cancellations are totally regulated and must be legally conducted. Think a little bigger and understand how a company with over 80 million policies in force must conduct business. You're thinking is limited to yourself and you don't understand the big picture. The rates are set for low risk.

Once you have too many claims, you've now muddied the waters for those who are low risk and paying low premiums.

Basically, your claims cause everyone else's rates to go up.Your company is just weeding the garden.

to Anonymous #1049958

Insurance companies use actuaries to anticipate how many claims their customers will have so that they will know what prices to charge.The insurance companies have limits of what they will allow in order protect their profits.

You may not have anticipated any problems or claims, but the insurance company did.

You exceeded what they anticipated. When claims occur you always have a choice whether to involve the insurance company or not. You have chosen to involve your insurance company too much.

They have rules to follow and they would not have cancelled you without having the legal right to.

Call your state's insurance department and they will research your situation and explain the laws and rules to you.

to Anonymous Tampa, Florida, United States #1260508