Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

In 2014, my 2006 Corvette was hit by a woman who ran through red lights.She was covered by State farm.

The damage was extensive to the front and the passenger side and was repaired by Bobby Murray Collision Center (invoice attached). State Farm paid fully for the repair. Claim # is 33-396J-87702. .

The repair was covered by a "National Limited lifetime repair warranty for workmanship, including refinishing, for all completed repairs far as long as the customer owns the vehicle". Subsequently I had issues with the repair, especially the front bumper, and Bobby Murray repaired at no cost. Then Bobby Murray sold the facility to Capital. This year I went to them with the same bumper problem that I had recurringly and a new problem of the right hand fender having come lose and sticking to the edge of the passenger door when it opens.

I returned back to the facility but Capital was, understandably not prepared to honor Bobby Murray's workmanship. However they acknowledged that the problems related to the same issues that I had had in the past and therefore gave me a special labor rate of $30 per hour for the repair. They also informed me (something I had not understood before) that the lifetime warranty was provided by State Farm and not by the repair shop. I submitted a claim to State Farm.

Their Adjuster came to look at the damage. I asked him how much would it cost to repair and he told me that he would be requesting $300 - $400. What I actually got from State Farm is a check for $72.39. I have now had the car repaired at the cost of $155.27 which I have paid in full (invoice attached).

It would have indeed cost $300-$400, as the adjuster had estimated if the repair shop had charged me full rate which they did not in recognition of the fact that the problems went back to the original repair.

Furthermore, the car was in the shop from 9am 10/2/2017 to 4pm 10/3/2017.I had to rent a friend's car for those 2 days.

Review about: State Farm Insurance Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

I got the NC Dept of Insurance involved. They sent a letter to State Farm. I got the money they owed me.