Insurance Plans Acceptance

We have an auto claim that State Farm admits the claim is valid. The repair plus salvage does not equal the total value of the vehicle.

Repair estimate: $ 3526.95 Salvage value: $844.47 Vehicle value: $4474.00 State Farm is FORCING us into a "total", even though the State of Georgia does not have a lower threshold for totals, and we agree to sign a hold harmless document of no hidden damages exposure or medical liability. The adjuster claims that is a Company policy and says they will not budge.

We will NEVER buy any more State Farm products, and will advise same for all friends and business associates. GW Wilson, Waleska, GA.

Review about: State Farm Insurance Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Forced total of vehicle, but within State of Georgia limits..

Preferred solution: Compansate me for the amount of the damage, and not total the vehicle..

I didn't like: Unfair determination.

Comments

Every company has their own threshold for totals. Doesn't matter what state you are in. You will have similar problems no matter who you get your insurance through.

State Farm totaled my Charger SRT8...i was ran off the road and rear ended. A lot of the damage was things i couldn't see or even care about.

In my opinion they stole my baby. That was by far the absolute best car that i have ever owned. This has been a big hassel especially when the at fault vehicle insurance won't pay and the drivers insurance is also State Farm...i ended up filing on my policy...accident hapoened in June...he filed his claim with SF in July and as of December SF had not determined liability.

After being a loyal customer of 25 years i feel like i took a light oole in the rear. Shame on you State Farm (SF).

Put a sign in your back window.. I have this on order...

State Farm / Certas / Desjardines have refused to repair my NO Fault

damage..

Be VERY CAREFUL who you do business with...