State Farm denied my 1st claim from a recent hail storm. My immediate neighbors roofs are totalled & will be replaced. These neighbors all have a different insurance company, other than State Farm.

I've been a loyal customer for 14+ years, no claims, no more!

Their adjusters & Supervisors are rude, unemotional & obviously do not care about much else other than their company profits. They definitely know how to deny claims, however they need more extensive training with customer service & customer satisfaction. Horrible experience to say the least!

I will not continue with this company 1 day longer. I'll have a NEW insurance provider in place in 5 days.

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Homeowners Insurance.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 28, 2012.

Comments

This my story exactly. Neighbors to the left and right of me have had hteir claims accepted for hail storm damage yet my claim was denied because my roof shingles are "failing prematurely due to improper roof ventilation".

How can this be when both of the houses next to me were built by the same builders and at the same time with the same shingles? They stated my roof vents and gutters were damaged but my siding and shingles were worn due to faulty materials.

Water leaked through my roof and onto my bathroom ceiling and damaged the drywall.

It had been damaged from the last hailstorm that crushed our house. They're claim adjusters are very rude.The lady adjuster pushed her hand through the drywall on my ceiling and pretty much laughed about it.

I've had State Farm Home Owners Insurance for the past three years.

The sewer backed up in my court on October 26, 2012. State Farm refused to cover my restoration costs. I am the only *** who had State Farm Home Insurance. All the other home owners were paid for their restoration work, by their insurance companies.

Beware of some of their tricks:

- They will call you to deny your claim.

- They will deny receiving sworn statements in proof of loss.

- When trying to deal with them in writing, they will respond claiming to return documents that you mailed out to them, only trouble is you will not receive the documents with their response.

ONLY DEAL WITH THEM IN WRITING!!!

KEEP COPIES OF EVERYTHING!!!

SEND ALL CORRESPONDENCE BY REGISTERED MAIL!!!

I will find myself another insurance company as soon I've finished my battle with State Farm.