Really? It has been over two months that I put my claim in for damage done by Sandy.

The roof got blown off and we suffered major damage. Ceilings, walls, carpet, furniture and more. All I was asking for at this time was to please help me replace the beds that got wet. Ive been sleeping on the couch.

Here it is Christmas and my daughter says mom do you think I'll be able to get a bed? Great! how do I tell her no. I simply don't have the finances to replace these.

I can't get even get a return phone call at this point.

Merry Christmas STATE FARM. Hope your all cozy in your beds!

Review about: State Farm Insurance Claim.

Comments

Palmerton, Pennsylvania, United States #589960

I never received a call from a State Farm Adjuster. THEY know I'll get pain and suffering from AUTO WRECK, all the other drivers FAULT, I don't have any money for any pain and suffering. The other company is liable. We need money!!!!.

So why does State Farm sit there doing NOTHING?

Milledgeville, Georgia, United States #584794

Really need a lot more details to determine what you're upset about. You state there is a monetary loss of $27,000 yet you're complaining about two beds.

What were you paid for the roof and the other damage? Is the request for two beds in addition to what you've already been paid? Are you stating you're making a claim for $27,000 beds? If you have been paid for your dwelling damage and now you're making a claim for personal property, or you made an orginal claim for personal property and you carry replacement costs insurance, that means you purchase the personal property and then you're reimbursed for the replacement costs.

That's how ALL insurance works. I think what actually happened is that your dwelling damage was paid (as ALL insurance contracts work) and now you're upset because you don't have the money to replace the beds and you want the full value paid up front.

If that's the case, personal property insurance coverage doesn't work that way. Read your contract.