I have state farm insurance for almost 7 years. I lost my car on aug 13 due to the historic flooding in Louisiana.

I got an estimate on the aug 23 that my car was repairable, and my car got towed to the shop and it just sat there. I called state farm every single day to tell them to process on my car. Because I just bought my car on July 31. And around sept 19 state farm called me said my car was totaled, and I asked them I never recieved any document saying my car is totaled, then they checked again and saying " ohh sorry your car is repairable".

Sept 22, nothing had been done for my car yet, then I went to a state farm agency at my location, and I was on the phone with state farm claim department with speaker phone on, so A state farm agent at local branch witness the conversation I had with state farm claim department. They offered me a total loss package and ai accepted it. They even called my bank to payoff the amount too. I thought everything was done at that time, and I been waiting for 10 days for my check to come but it never did.

I went back to the local state farm to ask and she told me my car was still at the shop and waiting for an engine tear down to give state farm an estimate. I was like What the *** is going on! State farm didnt process my claim until yesterday( sept 26 2016) and i got an estimate again today for repair cost! And my rental car expired yesterday.

So now i dont have a vehicle to go to school. When I tried to call state farm to explain the siuation because the siuation is extremely ridiculous. It went back and forth between totaled and not totaled for 1.5 months. I tried to ask them to extend my car rental, but the lady ( she said shes the manager there) told me they claimed my car is repairable on the aug 23, so its not their fault for my car not being fix right now.

So i have to pay my own money to get my ride.

Im trying to explain to her the siuation but all she said was state farm stated my car was repairable onthe aug 23. Im really disappointed about state farm.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at State Farm Insurance. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants State Farm Insurance to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by State Farm Insurance and state farm insurance auto claim for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments