My wife has State Farm auto Insurance and I have USAA recently my wife backed into my car by mistake causing 2200 in damages. We filed a claim against her insurance STATE FARM and the claim was denied based on some obscure rule, so they say, that they do not pay on claims thaqt are filed between family members or friends.

Basically my claim was denied simply because we are married even though both our cars are separately owned and paid for and covered by two different insurance carriers. State Farm refused to honor the policy that my wife has been paying premiums on for years.

They left me holding the bag I have to file through my insurance carrier and pay a collision deductable of 500 dollars in order to get my vehicle repaired. BEWARE OF STATEFARM THEY HAVE NO INTEGRITY WHAT SO EVER.

Comments

summersdan

I stand by my original statement my car was hit by a State Farm customer, I was not at Fault so a claim was filed with State Farm. This action would have been the same if anyone else had hit my car.

I would have filed against their insurance. The fact that my wife hit my car should be irrelevant. Unless of course if you're dealing wit State Farm. The notion that I would file a claim with my insurance and pay a deductible when I wasn't at Fault MAKES NO GOOD SENSE.

My insurance carrier (USAA) offered to pay and I turned them down, just was not right. Yes State Farm in my opinion has no integrity, and we feel that they don't stand behind their customers anymore in this case my wife .

This is why after nearly 15 years with State Farm my wife switched to USAA. WAY TO GO STATE FARM!!!!!!!

Dear Summersdan: Liability coverage doesn't cover your own vehicle. USAA must pay for your car's damage.

No other insurer would provide cvoerage either! You're responsible for your deductible.

I also am insured by USAA. How did they treat you? I have been told that USAA can take on the other insurance company for you.

#191383

Lol!!!! Read your policy and understand your exclusions! Don't just throw it in a drawer, ask your agent to help you understand what you're buying!