For starters, my husband and I have been with State Farm for well over 20+ years. Out of the 20+ years we have ONLY filed a claim twice (one about 4.5 years ago and the latter recently)...one for damaged roof and the other for water leakage and MOLD from a busted pipe that we had no idea was busted due to it being "behind" a wall but between the sheet rock, wallpaper & paneling.

In other words, we NEVER would have known a pipe had busted (leakage was minimal over who knows how long) but over a period of time obliviously caused great damage between the wall and under the lanolin floor we had in the kitchen. This caused sections along side of the wall (where pipe leaked) to mold and the floor (wood) to rot. They sent out an adjustor (a piece of ***) by the name of JEFF whom kisses the *** of State Farm by finding anything that he can (that is not there) by reporting FALSE information in order to keep State Farm from paying out OUR MONEY that WE paid in. Oh yeah and for him and his lil *** buddies to receive bonus on the customer's behalf if they can block/stop State Farm from paying a claim!!

Yes, we got blackballed!! That so-called adjustor JEFF... Bald-headed short ugly piece of dog *** had the nerve to deny our claim due to a "faulty roof"! ***!

There was/is absolutely NOTHING wrong with our roof as he said. He also LIED and said he would get back in touch with us before the week was out. Well, we are still waiting. I called and called come to find out ***-Kissing Jeff turned over our claim to another agent (after dodging phone calls for days).

And if that alone was not enough, come to find out our local agent...Kelly (another piece of dog *** *** kisser) DID NOT inform us that our deductible had increase from $2000 to a whooping $5000 a year ago!! Now talk about CROOKS? That would be State Farm Insurance Company!!! I absolutely hate them MF's!!!

I hope they rot in ***!!

PS

To repair our floor cost us Fk'n $3000 to repair and all the walls in the kitchen (in the area that was damaged) was an additional $1100...totaling $4100 out of pocket repairs!! WTF do we need insurance for when you can't use it!!

Review about: State Farm Insurance Claim.

Comments

While I can understand that it is not pleasant to of had a claim denied and have to pay unplanned out of pocket expenses for anyone. Your denied claim for a plumbing leak appears to be a classic example of long term leakage claim that no company's insurance policy will cover.

All Homeowner's and Rental Policy's have exclusions for long term leakage in which you described. On the other hand, they do generally cover sudden and accidental damage from pipe bursts inside a house. As for your roof, if it has wind or hail damage to the roof surface the repair of that damage is covered. However, from my experience, roof leaks are more common from improper installation than from wind or hail damage.

The insurance companies will generally cover the resulting interior damage from roof leaks, but subject to the deductible. Again, if you let the roof leaks continue without attempting to mitigate the damage, coverage could be denied. I have another company insure my house, and carry insurance on some rental properties from various insurance carriers and they all send out a notice beforehand if coverages or deductibles change. You just didn't read your notices from them.

If you did read them you may have made the decision to allow your deductible to raise to cut your premium. I am sure you just think I am dog cr@p too, but I am an experienced insurance repair contractor and perform work for customers of many insurance companies.

I had my auto insurance deducted from my account monthly with state farm with their automated billing. Well I went through a move to a different state, and found out they dropped my car insurance two months before the move.

I admit I should have been checking my bank statements on this, instead I got comfortable by the convenience. Their reasoning didn't match up with reality on why they dropped my auto insurance. They said my balance bounced, and they tried contacting me through my phone, and by mail. Well, my bank I had well over $6,000 at that time, so the check could not bounce.

I called my bank about this and told them when this bill was due, and they reported that there was no effort in a withdrawal that date nor the following dates. As for the mail, I got nothing in the mail about this, and for them contacting me over the phone, well they had a phone number I never had.

I adjusted claims for SF for over 37 years. What you have described simply is not a covered loss. If you wish to have an insurance policy which covers everything regardless of cause and origin, be prepared to pay the piper.

Devin,

You have been with SF for 20 years so that would seem to indicate you are much older than the language in your post seems to suggest. It is easy to lash out at someone else when the fault lies with you.

You should READ YOUR POLICY and in particular the EXCLUSIONS to know what is not covered then you can practice loss prevention on your own. Life has risks and you CANNOT transfer all the risks in life to someone else even if you were willing to pay someone to take the risk from you.

Just an FYI, insurance is a legal contract. Read it.

When you get your policy in the mail, as you do every single year, read it. Your agent's responsibility was fulfilled when the changes to your policy were sent to you IN WRITING... BEFORE you chose to renew. They are there if you have any questions.

Call them. I hope you don't think ANY insurance company covers leakage and seepage. NONE do. That's something that occurs over time and insurance is there to cover you for SUDDEN and ACCIDENTAL COVERED LOSSES.

Your loss is specifically excluded, in writing, in your contract. Again, read the forms you are sent.

You agreed to the new contract when you paid your premium to renew with the company. Also, no one will care to speak to you if you attack them as it sounds as though you did.

nikalseyn

Perhaps you got on everyone's bad side due to your language and attitude?? Just a thought.

I am surprised you didn't read your home insurance policy and/or the yearly invoice which would have told you how much your deductible(s) are.

You snooze, you lose.

At this point, you can always appeal the denial and once you go thru the insurance company's process, you can either go to small claims court or hire an attorney. However, watch your language if you go to court.