My home was burgarlized in September 2012. State Farm took 3 months to finalize my claim because the following steps had to be taken:
1. I had to be interviewed in my home by a State Farm special investigator. She came to my home, interrogated me for at least an hour (I had to tell her enough was enough) and took pictures of every room in my home (including the items in each of my closets). She also took pictures of any original boxes and/or bags or wrappings and receipts I ALREADY sent them. I guess they needed to see it in person.
2. They needed to interview my neighbors. Yes, State Farm is in the business of doing good old police work now.
3. I had to provide them with names and numbers of people who could verify that I owned the items stolen in the burgulary. And yes, they called.
4. They had to call every store from my receipts to verify I indeed purchase each item reported and nothing had been returned.
5. I also had to wait for the police detective assigned to my case to come back from his Christmas vacation, so that he could be interviewed. Yes, this was still going on in December.
This was all so ridiculous and over the top. I gave them everything they asked for and then some (receipts and pictures)! I called corporate and asked why I was being taken through the ringer and I was told it was policy.
Review about: State Farm Insurance Claim.
Monetary Loss: $15.