My home was burgarlized in September 2012. State Farm took 3 months to finalize my claim because the following steps had to be taken:

1. I had to be interviewed in my home by a State Farm special investigator. She came to my home, interrogated me for at least an hour (I had to tell her enough was enough) and took pictures of every room in my home (including the items in each of my closets). She also took pictures of any original boxes and/or bags or wrappings and receipts I ALREADY sent them. I guess they needed to see it in person.

2. They needed to interview my neighbors. Yes, State Farm is in the business of doing good old police work now.

3. I had to provide them with names and numbers of people who could verify that I owned the items stolen in the burgulary. And yes, they called.

4. They had to call every store from my receipts to verify I indeed purchase each item reported and nothing had been returned.

5. I also had to wait for the police detective assigned to my case to come back from his Christmas vacation, so that he could be interviewed. Yes, this was still going on in December.

This was all so ridiculous and over the top. I gave them everything they asked for and then some (receipts and pictures)! I called corporate and asked why I was being taken through the ringer and I was told it was policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Claim.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 07, 2012.

Comments

Everyone: PAY ATTENTION!!! As this could save you a lot of money and get all insurance companines attention. REAL FAST.

The insurance companies policy is a written, legal,and binding contract. The technicality that they are not upholding within their contract is "return to pre-loss condition". My 2009 Toyota Corolla LE sustained Mechanical Integrity damage and the repair shop could not and or would not guarantee me that there was no degradation of the mechanical integrity of the vehicle, and therefore they could not return the vehicle into its pre-loss condition. This constitutes a breach of contract due to the fact that the insurance company (State Farm) technically could not return the vehicle to a pre-loss contition. State Farm has stonewalled me, has refused to return my calls, has treated me like a liar, thief, and an *** when I have been a licienced insurance agent of the State of Ohio, and an Advanced Technical Engineer within the "Root Cause" and "Industrial Reliability" fields.

I believe their needs to be a class action law suit filed against State Farm to wake them up and get their attention... :?

I am currently going thru the exact same thing. I spent two hours yesterday being questioned.

I provided a very detailed report a receipts on most major items. She (The investigator) requested I sign a release for her to be able to talk to anyone she wants. This would also allow her to obtain any of my personal information. I am retired military and went thru a divorce.

The police know I had a burglary. They even have possible suspects. I didn't have anything to do with this event and I am a victim. I feel (State Farm) is going beyond normal questioning in an attempt to not pay my claim.

Because of my divorce I was forced to file bankruptcy over a year ago. Does this cause them to feel they shouldnt pay me for items stolen from my home? It has been 58 days and State Farm has not given me a penny to even complete repairs in damaged items. I pay over $400 dollars per mos.

In life and homeowners insurance alone.

Since about 2001. Ridiculous to saybthe least.

I provided a very detailed report a receipts on most major items. She requested I sign a release for her to be able to talk to anyone she wants and obtain any of my personal information. I am retired military and went thru a divorce. The police know I had a break in.

They even have possible suspect. I didn't have anything to do with my break in. I feel know they (State Farm) are going beyond normal questioning in an attempt to not pay my claim. Because of my divorce I was forced to file bankruptcy over a year ago.

Does this cause them to feel they shouldnt pay me for items stolen from my home? It has been 58 days and State Farm has not given me a penny to even complete repairs in damaged items. I pay over $400 dollars per mos. In life and homeowners insurance alone.

Since about 2001. Ridiculous to saybthe least.

sessa

Hey Me, it's just a simple typo, stop being an a@@hole!

I didnt know September 2012 had been here and Christmas was already over!!!!!! :x :x :x :x