Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Update by user Sep 30, 2017

State Farm Insurance (Ben Russo, Concord NH office) sold me a policy that did NOT cover my needs. This became obvious when I had damage to my home.

They partitioned my home into small areas: most of which that the damage coverage was less than my deductible to avoid paying, citing that I did not have the correct type of policy, although it was sold to me after full disclosure of how the rental was used.

Additionally, the 2 claim areas did not include the flooring in those same rooms. According to the state, there were no laws broken, yet State Farm is unethical, dishonest and does not stand behind what they sell and has found a legal way to avoid paying a claim.

Original review posted by user Sep 29, 2017

I purchased a Rental Dwelling policy after being assured it would cover the use of my rental home. when it was damaged by tenants, State Farm split the damage by rooms, most of which were less than my deductible AND excluded the damaged to flooring in the 2 areas that were registered claims.

I contacted the State Insurance board, and they cannot find any legalities but agreed that the claim was not treated normally. I contacted the agency: Ben Russo Concord NH who replied it is a claim issue: IT IS NOT. HIS agency sold me inadequate insurance, I hold him, and his employees responsible, one of which admitted she had no idea this would happen. I have asked that the 2 carpets be replaced in order to satisfy the claim, without a 3rd deductible, and they have refused.

They lied in correspondence that I had a "Seasonal" Rental Dwelling policy. It is for 12 months, gives credit for a freeze alarm device and i was honest and thorough in explaining the use of the property when I purchased the policy in 2016.

Review about: State Farm Insurance Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Failure to pay full insurance claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Very poor and decieving, Being cheated on my purchase and my claims.

Comments

Please sign my Petition seeking a Criminal Investigation of State Farm. https://www.change.org/p/federal-bureau-of-investigation-request-for-a-criminal-racketeering-investigation-of-state-farm-insurance?recruiter=127664&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition