I am a State Farm customer and was hit by a State Farm customer when she backed out of a parking space and slammed into the right side of my car. All the damage to my car is from the right front wheel back. There is no damage to the front or front wrap-around turn signal or bumper. She is claiming that she had backed out and was about to drive forward when I hit her car.

State Farm will not inspect the damage and is siding with her version and a hand drawing of the parking lot. Since we're both State Farm, they want me to accept a no-fault settlement. I would have to pay my deductable plus car rental for 8-10 days while being repaired.

The repair is estimated at $2800.00. Everything I own is insured with them and I have been a loyal customer since 1963! So much for loyalty. After this is settled, I am going shopping for insurance!!

Comments

Gaisbach, Bayern, Germany #416055

just curious... where were the damages on the other vehicle??

usually if both vehicle backed out at the same time, it is a not fault which sucks, but if you have witnesses that saw what actually happened and they can state that the other car was at fault then that helps. otherwise.. you have this outcome.. sorry for your loss..

TC