My husband had insurance under State Farm for a year, until he found much cheaper insurance with better coverage (Actually we checked several different companies including big companies, and they were all considerably cheaper than State Farm). We canceled our insurance on March 15. It took State Farm 2 full weeks afterwards to recognize that we canceled our insurance. They refused to process the cancellation for 2 weeks, on top of the fact that they also lied to us about mailing back our refunded premium payment. My husband and I stayed on top of them for weeks and weeks to get us our premium refund back and to finally cancel our insurance.

It is now April 6 and State Farm STILL has not given us our premium refund and it's been 25 days since we canceled our insurance. The company repetitively ignored us, lied to us, and has given us the crappiest customer service ever. It's been an utter nightmare dealing with them over something that should of been simple.

Beware of State Farm. They have very poor customer service, they will take forever to return any money after you've cancelled, they'll lie about what they're doing just to get you to go away, and they are also extremely expensive compared to other companies.

Just an awful insurance company.

Comments

YOU ARE SAYING THE TRUTH LILLY THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND THEY ALWAYS DENY YOUR CLAIM, THAT HAPPENED TO ME. THIS IS A BIG TROUBLE IF YOU HAVE THIS KIND OF INSURANCE. :(

STATE FARM IS A RIDICULOUS INSURANCE COMPANY, THEY ALWAYS DENY YOUR CLAIM EVEN THOUGH WHEN A PERSON HIT TO YOU AND IS FAULT OF OTHER PERSON,

State Farm is the worst.. They never want to pay a claim.

I recently had hail damage and I had a garden gazebo canopy that was destroyed along with the roof. They said that I find someone to fix (sew it back together) the canopy for $50. Get real!! They didn't pay for roof - however the house next door, across street, etc.

all got new roof because of hail damage. State Farm is terrible - I suggest looking for a different insurance company

This is a ridiculous insurance company that don't deliver when the consumer is in pretty bad need due to accidents. I've been in this "State Farm Insurance" company for over twenty years on my cars and more than ten years with my house and I don't have any complaint then not until my house had an accident due to clogged sewer pipe and it flooded my house. I filed a claim and I was denied for they said my house wasn't covered if it caused by tree roots. I would say this is ridiculous. What kind of home owner insurance is this??????? Paying the high $$$$ and nothing to help you when in need???? I paid about $3,000 to repair the damage done on my house and not even a single dime of help from "State Farm Insurance"(the Good Neighbor in not there to help).

TO YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE!! BEFORE YOU FILE A CLAIM WITH THIS "STATE FARM INSURANCE" WHEN YOUR HOUSE PIPE ARE CLOGGED DUE TO ROOTS, DON'T TELL THEM THAT IT'S FROM TREE ROOTS FOR THEY WILL DENY IT FROM THERE.

I just hope and pray that it won't happen to you.

I just hope and pray that it won't happen to you.