State Farm didn't attempt to protect itself or me, a longtime customer.

It issued me a binder for homeowner's insurance without running a Loss History Report(CLUE Report). State Farm contacted me AFTER my settlement to advise that my policy was in limbo.

The previous owner had filed three claims for massive water damages, but State Farm couldn't bother to tell me prior to the purchase. By law, the policy had to remain in place, but when it expires, SF will likely terminate me. I will have to practically give my home away if ever anyone would consider buying it. Several other companies have either rejected me for coverage or will not offer water coverage.

I live in fear of yet another incident of water damage. As it turns out, my neighborhood is rife with incidents of indoor flooding. Some homeowners have endured more than one incident. The hits just keep on coming.

I can't find an attorney to take my case. I suppose they know that SF has more money and will prevail in court.

Moreover, the selling Realtor knew about the damages, but never said a word. Sadly, I have asthma, and MOLD could become a very serious health concern, but I'm screwed in Maryland.

Review about: State Farm Insurance Homeowners Insurance.

Comments

How old is the home? Is the water from your own plumbing or flood water?

Would getting the home replumbed make it more insurable? Plumbing will last a long time but no where near the length of the home itself.

#200053

I'm sorry you've been having these problems, but you need to read your policy. MOLD is never covered under ANY homeowner's policy.

Mold happens when damage has been occurring over a period of time. As for the previous claims, if any other company won't insure it either, then it's not just SF.

You need to ask your lawyer about the full disclosure rules that your real estate must follow. Good luck.

davesclasics
#195635

Sorry to hear about your dealings with SF. I too have had a taste of their lousy business practices. If they are the good neighbor they brag about, I'd hate to have a bad one.