I have been using State Farm for my car and home for over 12 years. In the spring, our area experienced a freak storm with hail the size of golfballs.

After the storm, I checked the house for damage and found chunks of siding taken out. I contacted State Farm who sent an adjuster out. He was able to get on my porch roof and found damage but could not get onto the house roof.

Another adjuster was sent out who tried to say the damage to the siding was a result of children playing ball in the neighborhood (appalling since I live on an elevation, very close to my neighbor's house and no children in the area). I denied this and he finally said he would replace our siding. He also found damage to the roof's ridge vent and siding but none to the roof.

I obtained a contractor who found hail damage to our roof. He sent photos to State Farm who eventually sent another adjuster out. This adjuster found damage to the gutters but none to the roof. My contractor was present and pointed out the damage. The adjuster told my agent's office that their was "scuffing on the roof due to people walking on it". This was preposterous since only the State Farm adjusters and my contractor was the only ones on my roof ever - and they wore special boots.

So, to sum it up, according to State Farm, there was damage to my siding, gutters, ridge vent and my car, but miraculously none to my roof. Despite black streaking that appeared immediately after the storm and proof from my contractor. Every single house in my entire neighborhood has had a new roof put on except me.

During the whole process, State Farm adjusters, my agent's office and customer service all had conflicting stories. State Farm also sent me the wrong amount for what they did cover. I spent most of a day on the phone with an incompetent customer service representative who finally sent me another check.

I am extremely discouraged by the treatment I have received from State Farm and will be switching to another insurance company. State Farm is far from a "good neighbor".

Comments

they gave us the complete run around on our car damage. AND the company belongs to ALEC.

Evil. We are going to American Family Insurance.