On midnight October 6 2016, my son was called out to work for an emergency. When backing out of the driveway he hit my truck.

When he arrived home from work he filed a claim with State Farm Insurance. Because my son and I live at the same address they said they do not have to pay for my damage but if my son had hit a perfect stranger instead they would pay for the damage. I own a 2016 GMC Canyon and my son owns a 2015 Jeep Renegade so we do not have any reason to be banging into each other.

How can this be legal. My insurance will go up and I was not at fault and I must file a claim with my insurance company.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. peppy0607 stated that there is a room for improvement of will not pay for damage to my truck. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of state farm insurance auto claim. State Farm Insurance needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned state farm insurance auto claim in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at State Farm Insurance.

Comments

Hamilton, Georgia, United States #1238213

family lives together in same household, are related residence members under insurance contract...you can't sue yourself...i e liability section would have to pay from son's policy....thus relative in household sueing another member of household...

#1231925

That's exactly right. Your son is liable for backing into you.

You live in the same household and he is your relative. You cannot claim liability against yourself. Your vehicle can be repaired with the collision coverage under your automobile policy minus the deductible.

It would work the same way if you drove your car into your house. The car policy would not cover the damage of your home.

Again, you cannot claim liability against yourself. The coverage to repair your home would fall under your homeowner policy minus your deductible.

There is a specific exclusion for liability against yourself or resident relatives.

This a basic exclusion under all automobile insurance policies and homeowners policies. Just because you do not agree with it, does not mean it is wrong or illegal.