My car and 3 others went through a hail storm. All were covered with State Farm. 2 of the vechiles over 5,000 in damage my car, 2,000. My car had dings everywhere and theres had just a few dings. Called my "representative" to tell him I was unhappy about the adjustment and was going to have an estimate done and bring it in.

Todd Otto decided that even though he is suppose to represent me, I was on my own to fight with the corporate office on the extra damages to my car. I got a quote that was $1,300 dollars higher. They decided that my quote wasn't from a reputable place and would have to take it one of there one of their auto shop repairs to have an adjustment done.

I don't understand why I pay to have a representative that sits on his *** while I have to do all the work.

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Auto Insurance.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 07, 2011.

Comments

Gaisbach, Bayern, Germany #416052

Sorry for your loss, this is a normal procedure for any insurance company when you do not agree with the estimate of repair they provide you. You have to do the footwork to get comparable quotes from other shops and some shops will cost more than others to do the same repairs.

You do have the right to choose the shop of your choice, either way as long as you get your car fixed that is really the most important detail of your claim.

Unless you just want more money so that you get to keep some of it then its not fair to bad mouth a company just because you don't get to keep any of the money or there is none left for you to put into your pocket. That's not what insurance is for...

Take Care

nikalseyn

as soon as you get the car repaired, it's time to switch to another insurance company.