After reading all the negative complaints against state farm insurance co. I don't feel too bad about my homeowners being canceled.

I submitted a one time claim to the insurance company after being with them for 28 years, the one and only claim from the Irene and lee storm, it took them 3 adjusters and several pictures before they would give me a decent payment. I had to get a claim adjuster to help, they paid and 4 months later I received a letter of cancellation.

I read an article this company works for the shareholders only, therefore they have to save as much money as possible. we pay and they get PAID.

I really do feel sorry for those who are insured by state farm and was hit by sandy storm, they may not live long enough to get paid from this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Homeowners Insurance.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 24, 2012.

Comments

Sorry, Philly, I'm calling you out on this one. First of all, State Farm is a Mutual Insurance Company.

They are owned by their policyholders. There are no shareholders to answer to. Get your facts straight. Next, I've been affiliated with State Farm over 2 decades and have NEVER seen a policyholder cancelled for one legitimate claim.

There are laws against that.

That said, yes, any insurance company will cancel you for a fraudulent claim or refusing to repair the damage to your home after a major claim. There's much more to your story.