As always, my insurer State Farm paid a claim that was not legitimate simply because it is easier and cheaper to pay and then raise my rates. They settled an accident claim without looking at the vehicles and based completely upon the word of the other driver.

When I initially spoke with the adjuster she was already telling us that we were in the wrong and argued with us. This was a three way call with my daughter, the driver. I am the insured. She bullied both of us from the start and was convinced we were at fault.

We tried to get assistance from State Farm but were told that she was the adjuster and we had no choice. We jumped through several hoops providing diagrams and written statements while all the while they had already decided. I expect no cooperation from the other insurance company in a claim situation but I expect my insurance company to do due diligence on my part - that's why I pay them. I don't mind them paying a claim after careful investigation even if I don't agree with the outcome.

There was no investigation here. Basically, I challenged the adjuster and this is how she is making me pay. Just as well. 20 years is too long to have an insurance company.

I saved a bundle switching. I was just too lazy to do it but this was the last straw.

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Adjuster.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 08.

Comments