State Farm used after market parts to repair on my new vehicle. Then their finance affiliate (the finance company they recommended to me when I bought the car) came and took the car (I refused to pay the loan any more).

They got stuck w/a pos they couldn't sell because they didn't repair it properly. I had to deal w/the 10 yr bad credit report (which I submitted an explanation to my credit report) to but I felt like they got what they deserved.

Miserable company, I wouldn't insure my bicycle with them. I have to laugh every time I see one of their TV commercials.

Comments

I am a State Farm client of 40+ yrs. I have not always been happy with State Farm but in the final analysis I have to reluctantly agree that they have always been fair.

With regard to after market parts... after market does not mean inferior and often are of superior quality and considerably cheaper which helps to hold down claim costs and reduce price increases in you insurance.

Diminishment of value is a myth. Fix a car yourself(to industry standards of course), don't report it through carfax, and tell me that a car dealer can tell it was wrecked once and therefore worth less money, let alone determine a dollar amount that it would depreciate due to this.

Plaintiff attorneys invented this concept, so Insurance companies excluded coverage for it-by name. It's all of them, not just one company.

My suv was stolen and then found with several parts stolen and over 12000 in damage. They want to get doors from another wrecked Toyota which a different vin numbers on it, so after being fixed my vehicle will be several cars, in stead of being worth 30000 it will be worth maybe 11000 to 15000 if some is dumb enough to not find out about damage, theft recovery.

Also like you if it was repossessed the lender will be suing me for there big loss.

I have complained until exhaustion no relief at all. I am now forced to get a lawyer to sue state farm been with them for over 20 years which will help them prove that I'm ***

I like the part where they forced you to go to only one repair shop. oh, yeah, you decided that part...