My homeowners' policy with State Farm increased ~18% at the end of March 2012, some of which I expected - we live in Missouri and the tornado damages last year really hit insurers hard. Of that increase, however, while 8% was for a combination of a new service, and increased coverage for replacement value. But 9.8% was assigned to "information from a credit reporting agency". The REAL kicker is that they end the letter outlining this 5 weeks AFTER the increase went into effect. Now, I've been with State Farm for 33+ years, had 3 claims in all that time, have been on auto-pay (escrow with the house, auto deduct for the cars) and have a 765 rating with the credit reporting agency they cited!

After slyly rolling in the windshield damage clause into the Comprehensive section several years, making sure State farm never pays for a damaged windshield, they have really stepped over the line on this one. Perhaps it's just God nudging me to save the money I should've been for some time - AAA Insurance saves us ~40% on the house and a little on the cars, time to move on.

CHECK YOUR POLICY - YOU MAY BE GETTING EQUALLY SCREWED!!!!!!!

Review about: State Farm Insurance Auto Insurance.

Comments