Resolved

Update by user Dec 18, 2014

It is now December 2014 and State Farm remains silent. I must sue the other party before March 2015 since the statute of limitations is two years. State Farm remains absolutely useless.

Original review posted by user Jul 16, 2014

I am insured by State Farm and was rear-ended in March 2013 by a driver that I believe to be uninsured. State Farm repaired my vehicle, but so far, that is all.

I received a letter in June 2013 stating it would take a year to settle. I assumed this was from the day of the accident. I requested information mid-April 2014 and received no response. I sent another letter a month later, and yet another a month after that...all with no response.

In June 2014, I received the same form letter I received in June 2013. Other than that, State Farm has not contacted me.

I have since reported this problem to the Texas State Department of Insurance and am awaiting their investigation. In the meantime, I have ended all of my insurance business with State Farm and have chosen another company.

Comments

It can take well over a year for them to get money back from the other insurance company or individual or they can never get it. It's not really in their control.

countrynewsman
to Sorry #851642

First, I realize it can take over a year, however, how long does it take to answer THREE LETTERS? Second, why did I receive the same form letter a year later stating it would take a year?