Not resolved

Hello my name is Alex Markovic and I have insurance with State Farm for auto and home insurance. I live in the Detroit Michigan area (Royal Oak).

We have had terrible flooding in our area from this natural disaster and I've had extreme amounts of damage including .... Loss of Furnace, hot water tank, washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator, dry wall, tile, loss of furniture and electronics. I am told that I will Recieve ZERO coverage and no help from your company. I am a newly home owner of just over a year.

When I signed up home owners insurance they signed me up over the phone I was not told about any sewage back up coverage this is something that I would definitely would have wanted. I am a manager at a huge retail cooperation I know how important insurance is and I get it on all my products. Your company failed to inform me about this coverage and I am at a huge lost.

I need someone in your company to step up and help me out in this situation. Please respond to me ...

Thank you Alex Markovic 810-357-5224

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Auto Insurance.

Monetary Loss: $30000.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 13, 2014.
Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment

Did you have a flood or did your sewage or drain back up causing this damage? It sounds like you don't realize the difference.

If it was caused by the back up of sewage or drainage, you'll need to be able to prove that, have the proper endorsement and most importantly, have a sump pump. Without a built in sump pump that actually failed to do it's job, the endorsement would be null and void. It sounds like you have a real misunderstanding of how water damage coverage applies.

Flood damage is specifically excluded under every homeowners policy. Flood insurance is provided by FEMA and can be purchased is an insurance agent.

to In The Biz #856347

...via an insurance agent.


At the beginning of your complaint you didn't mention anything at all about sewage backup, all you mentioned was flooding. Did you have actual flood insurance?

For flood coverage you do need flood insurance. That being said, which problem did you have flooding or sewage backup?

Complaining on this general complaint site isn't going to get you any results from State Farm, you have to go to their web site.

You May Also Like