WHEN MY ALMOST NEW CAR HAD A BLOW-OUT TIRE ON INTERSTATE 40 LAST MONTH I DISCOVERED THAT THE CAR CAME WITH-OUT A SPARE AND I NEEDED ROAD SIDE SERVICE TO THE PASSENGER REAR TIRE.

NO PROBLEM, I THOUGHT AS I DID HAVE MY CELL PHONE WITH ME AND AS I PREPARED TO CALL MY STATE FARM RECOMMENDED ROAD SERVICE NUMBER I FIRST MADE SURE I HAD THE POLICY NUMBER HANDY. I HAD THE PROOF OF INSURANCE CARD ISSUED BY STATE FARM JUST A COUPLE OF MONTHS PRIOR. THANK GOD, I THOUGHT THEN I FOUND THAT I WAS IN A DEAD CELL PHONE AREA WITH MOUNTAINS ALL AROUND ME 25 MILES WEST OF ALBUQUERQUE.

I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO GET A DIAL TONE WITH NO SUCCESS. I THEN DIALED 911 AND GOT AN OPERATOR FROM THE LOCAL LAGUNA INDIAN RESERVATION WHO SAID WOULD SEND OUT AN OFFICER.

THE OFFICER ARRIVED JUST MINUTES LATER AND I GAVE HER ALL OF THE REQUIRED INFORMATION TO HAVE HER OFFICE CALL INTO THE STATE FARM NUMBER FOR ME. SHE LEFT AND SAID SHE WOULD CHECK BACK WITH ME IN AN HOUR. THE TIME WAS 10 30 A.M.

AROUND 12 30 PM A FLAT BED TOWING TRUCK ARRIVED. AN ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS...HARDLY. HE SAID HE WAS LOOKING FOR ME BEING IN A DODGE AND THEN I SHOWED HIM PROOF OF WHO I WAS AND THE STATE FARM ISSUED I D CARD. HE SAID THAT HE COULD NOT HELP ME AS HE WAS UNDER ORDERS FROM STATE FARM TO ASSIST A DODGE CAR ONLY AND EVEN IF HE COULD HE ALREADY HAS A CAR ON HIS FLATBED AND THAT WAS THAT. HE LEFT. HE ADVISED ME TO CALL ANOTHER TOWING CO.

THANK GOD THE LAGUNA POLICE OFFICER RETURNED AS PROMISED AND I EXPLAINED THAT THERE WAS A MISTAKE ON MY STAT FARM I D CARD AND WAS REFUSED HELP FROM THEIR SERVICE COMPANY. SHE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO LET ME USE HER OWN CELL PHONE TO CALL MY AGENT IN ALBUQUERQUE. I THEN EXPLAINED THE ABOVE IN GREAT DETAIL TO THE AGENT AND MADE HER PROMISE TO SEND HELP AS I HAD NO PHONE SERVICE. 2 HOURS LATER MY CELL PHONE DID RING AND IT WAS THE MAN FROM THE TOWING CO. THE CONVERSATION LASTED OVER 20 MINUTES AS HE AND I BOTH HAD TO REPEAT EVERY WORD A FEW TIMES WITH A HORRIBLE CONNECTION. HE ASKED ME WHO I WAS AND WHAT I NEEDED AND WHERE WAS I AND WHATS THE POLICY NUMBER AND I TOLD HIM TO CALL STATE FARM OFFICE AND HE SAID HE COULDN'T DO THAT AND FINALLY I GAVE HIM A CREDIT CARD NUMBER OF MY OWN. HE SAID THE STATE FARM LADY DIDN'T GIVE HIM THE INFO BUT JUST ASKED HIM TO CALL ME. ABOUT 1 AND 1/2 HOURS LATER.3 30 PM.OR FIVE HOURS AFTER THE FIRST REQUEST WAS CALLED IN THE TOW TRUCK ARRIVED.

I WAITED A COUPLE OF DAYS BE FOR I WENT TO THE STATE FARM OFFICE TO SEE THE AGENT. SHE SAID THE POLICY NUMBER MIX UP WASN'T HER FAULT. SHE STATED THAT SHE DID GIVE THE TOWING CO. ALL OF THE INFORMATION. I TOLD HER THAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE AFTER SPENDING OVER 7 HOURS OF AGGRAVATION IF SOMEONE WOULD SAY ''ON BEHALF OF STATE FARM'S FAILED SERVICE, I APOLOGIZE'' NO RESPONSE... I ALSO SAID IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE FROM STATE FARM WOULD SAY ''WHAT CAN WE DO TO MAKE THIS UP TO YOU''. NO RESPONSE ON THAT YET EITHER. OVER A MONTH AGO.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE THIS....AND I THOUGHT I HAD ROAD SIDE SERVICE FOR MY CAR NOT THE OLD DODGE THAT I HAD TRADED IN AND ADVISED STATE FARM 2 MONTHS AGO WHEN I BOUGHT THE NEWER ONE.....NOT HAPPY....

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at State Farm Insurance. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants State Farm Insurance to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by State Farm Insurance and state farm insurance auto insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments