Totally uncaring State Farm Insurance agency in Goodyear, AZ - don't do business with SF in Goodyear, AZ; there are far better and caring insurance companies.

We are out-of-staters who own a home in AZ. Upon the ill-advised recommendation of our realtor (who really is a good man but perhaps did not know - but now does) about the deplorably less-than-caring attitude of the SF agency in Goodyear, AZ, which he recommended, and based on which we bought auto insurance from the State Farm agent in Goodyear, AZ.

In spite of numerous conversations with the agency owner as well as several of his agents over a period of ONE AND A HALF YEARS, most of the conversations made from our primary home in a city OUTSIDE the state of AZ, and which this SF agency were totally aware about, NOT ONCE were they conscientious enough to tell me that I, as an out-of-state policy holder, could save THOUSANDS – yes THOUSANDS - of dollars every year simply by putting my vehicle on vacation "lay-up" during the 9 months I am away from AZ every year, during which the vehicle would be covered just for theft, fire and vandalism.

During the months you will not be driving it, you can drop the coverage for liability (collision damage, third party injuries, etc) and save yourself big chunks of cash, thousands per year. The premiums for "liability" make up a very large portion of the premiums in an auto policy. If this SF agent and SF Corporate cared enough, conscientious enough, to save their customers money, and not just be concerned about maximizing their profits any which way possible, they would have told me about “vacation lay-up,” which they NEVER did! As a result, I over-paid premiums by over $3,000 during an 18 month period.

When I contacted my ex-SF-agent about this, he ducked by asking me "didn't you read the fine print in the policy? And did you know SF is one of the largest auto insurance companies" Apparently, buried somewhere in the verbiage is some info about lay-up. Instead of hiding behind that, during one of our numerous conversations, he or one of his staff could have taken 10 SECONDS to bring to my attention (like my new company did) about "lay-up" when not driving the vehicle. SF may be large because they are one of the oldest, and one that does a lot of aggressive marketing.

Don't be sucked in by all the slick TV ads that portray SF agents as being oh-so-caring, even working late into the night for their customers' good. Most of it is marketing hype! In fact, America’s leading consumer magazine, whose initials are CR, will tell you that there are numerous other companies superior to SF, which, despite all their TV and print trumpeting about how good they are, barely makes it as a middling company for reputation in claims and service. Buyer Beware before it is too late!

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Auto Insurance.

Preferred solution: A refund of what we could have saved if they told us about lay-up when we are not driving the vehicle..

I didn't like: Sf agent in goodyear, Lack of respect and dignity.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 07, 2015.

Comments

Perrysburg, Ohio, United States #992443

Sorry, but my SF agent told me about this, even though I already knew I could do it. Not saying SF is the best but you should look out for yourself a little more.