Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

My newer home had severe hail damage this past July, lots of hail damage to roof and siding. I am still waiting for this to get resolved.

Horrible communication, lots of poking around. The adjustor is a complete ***. Also the agent, who was a snake failed to tell me about the 1% deductible. Which actually meant 1% of COVERAGE A DWELLING< in which my home coverage is 450k.

Which means 4500 deductible.

That agent was in to big of a hurry to discuss coverage's all he concerned about were the discounts and what I saving which proved to be a worse policy than I had. Independent agency, I will be coming back

Product or Service Mentioned: State Farm Insurance Homeowners Insurance.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 19, 2016.

Comments

Why would you have insurance with a company that spends all their money advertising instead of ethically paying claims. It is standard protocol for them to evade paying out claims and non-renewing if you have the misfortune of a claim--regardless of your brand loyalty to them.

I had state farm about ten years ago and incurred damage to the roof of my sun room due to an ice storm. The adjustor contended it was due to the weight of ice.

Most companies only write a 1% deductible just like yours in hail prone areas. You should have reviewed that before before purchasing their coverage.

Unfortunately, A lot of companies policies are going to a 1% and some even a 2% deductible. You have an expensive property and this not unusual.

You do need insurance and this company is still better than most. Best of Luck